Thread: I'm back/Saber Update/New Sabers

Default I'm back/Saber Update/New Sabers

I don't know how many of you remember me, as I was only around for a little while last year before abruptly disappearing. So, what happened to me? Well, as I was gathering parts to make a PVC saber for my nephew, I started doing stand-up comedy & just as that started to take off at the end of the summer, we found out that my wife was (is) pregnant. The due date is at the end of May for any curious parties.

So, now that my mysterious exit has been explained... I'm wanting to upgrade my saber (Resilience). I'd like to include some sort of internal chassis to hold the electronics, put in a better speaker, maybe add a recharge port & perhaps change out my guarded switch with a box. I'm also going to be helping a friend build his first saber & I'll be getting back to my old plans for building a saber for my nephew. Star Wars Celebration VI is the week of my birthday & I believe I'll be going this year, so hopefully I can get my saber upgraded by then.

But for now, I just wanted to stop in and say that I've missed the community here & I'm glad to be getting back into the hobby.

Stephen

Welcome back!

And congratulations on the soon to arrive addition to your family. My wife and I are also expecting...just not till August. This'll be #2 for us. We're both really excited to find out if we're having a boy or a girl.

Good luck upgrading your saber. Be sure to post some pics of it when you get it all completed. Some before and afters would be great.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Thanks! Congratulations to you & your wife as well. We're having a boy. He's going to be named Simon.

I plan on posting pics of the upgrades. Check out my old gallery thread on Resilience & let me know if you have any thoughts on a box/switch combo to replace the guarded switch that's currently on there.

Stephen