Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Design gurus - help a brother out - updated 09/26/06

Default Design gurus - help a brother out - updated 09/26/06

My compensation for the saber I was comissioned for has come in (50% up front), and as such, it is finally, after this past year and a half, to have my own little lightsaber that I may chase my cat around with, impress my girlfriend with, and vanquish the occasional Jedi scum.

My prowess of creating sabers to customers' wishes notwithstanding, I am having a heck of a time designing my own personal saber. Loyalty to Tim and TCSS, my saber will be based in part or completely on the MHS. I cannot beat the value and the multitude of possibilities that exist with the system.

Impressed as I am with the electronics I sourced for my customer's saber, I have ordered the same parts for myself, so all the goodies from Corbin (Luxeon driver, PLI, Resonator) as well as a MR sound board, rechargeable battery pack and LED indicator lights will adorn this, MY saber.

By my measurements, taking into account resonance chamber for the sound, length of a 5-cell NiMH battery pack, the driver and the MR sound board, I will need a pretty long hilt to pull this off. I do want something I can whip around pretty well, as my spins are getting better by the day, and I'm not half bad if I do say so myself (and I do).

So, bearing all that in mind, anyone want to throw me a bone as to what might look good for a combination of MHS parts to make a mean looking Sith saber? I hate prongs, so don't even suggest them.

Every combination of parts I've tried on the MHS builder just kinda makes me say "meh...", but I am sure I'm missing something. If some of you get bored and want to play around with the MHS, lemme know what you think.

Later,

Jon

Dude! This is so cool. All I do is sit on my fat arse all day dreaming up MHS stuff. Some not so bad, most like you said "eh" "a customer will love it." or of course every now and then I do one and think what am I smoking.[]

Number 1- Use a bunch of the extensions and the little f/f adapter. Fill in the blanks with o rings of all kinds of sizes and colors. Are you can use small spacers of clear acryllic to get grooves. Then use like say the emitter with the four slots...Hold on, wait a minute. I know I know!

Look in the scratch and dent sale. the hilt section that is grooved is wicked awesome!!! It is not perfect and that what really makes it shine. The thing feels good, I mean darn good when you really get to twirlin' and swirlin. Maybe color that thing black on the grooves and polished on the.....No. No. No. I got it! How about anodize the hilt black and then have the grooves in silver...sweet

Then maybe we could...

(And you know, one time in band camp....)

<center></center>

Opinions? Advice? Cheers? Jeers?

Get the grooved hilt then paint the grooves to match the blade like i have been doing....of course i am copying another....(MC props to ya bro).

Edit: ooh ooh ooh....do a staff saber......

Edit 2: THe last one looks sweet....if u get the correct size orings they will fit down into the groves.....the larger ones sit on top of the squared off groves....but if u get smaller oens that fit into the groves it looks real good.....

<center></center>

<center>Look at my photo album.</center>

The battery pack will not fit in the ribbed section, so keep that in mind. Just FYI.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

The recharge battery pack wont fit jr?

Dang, the aaa stuff does that's how I am doing a sith saber now with two ribbed pieces.

<center></center>

Good call JR,
    I'm in the proccess of integrating an 8 cell AAA NIMH battery pack (4.8v), so that it can fit into my designs. Problem is - 2000 mAh is the best I can get. I'd love to have room for a 4800 mAh cell, but... the LCF (look cool factor) is just to huge for me. If you can place your battery in one of the sink tube sections of the MHS you're in mAh heaven!

Ambo, the Testors metallic paint in the grooves rocks eh?

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i like the third one down the best jonitus. that emitter is my favorite and coupled with the ribbed extension it is da bomb

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="blue">No, Ambo likes groves, I guess he's into</font id="blue"> <font color="green">trees</font id="green"></font id="size3"> []

<font size="3"><font color="maroon">Hey, it's not my fault that I saw he spelled it that way 3 times!</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

It is fine J-Lo, I embrace my faults. I know that my typing is lacking just like everyone else on the boards knows, but everyone else knows what i mean and the point gets across. Since you obviously do it only to be anoying and to uphold your reputation you so higly reguard on "all the other boards I am better known on", I will group you with all the other people that are in the "grade school anoyance" category and chalk it up to you havein nothing better to do than wait until someone makes a grammamatical error to actually post something that you feel is detremental and helpfull to people on the boards, since you feel that everyone is furthered by you basically posting when you either point out others faults or when you have something to complain about. I am sure that you will have some form of comback to try and irritate me and start up some form of argument, but it will be more of a waste of time for only you. Oh and feel free to correct my spelling and grammar mistakes in this post, for until i am graded on my posts on a forum, and my point gets across to the people i am actually writing to, I dont give a damn.

<center></center>

<center>Look at my photo album.</center>