Thread: Complete disassembly of MR/HFX Mauls

Default Complete disassembly of MR/HFX Mauls

Hello people,

I have three (yup, three) Maul hilts I´d like to tinker with, and discovered that only one of them would let me unscrew its emitter and pommel. The pommels in the other two can also be unscrewed, but the emitters won´t budge a bit. Anyone else had this problem? I´ve read a tutorial around here about dealing with stuck pieces, but hasn´t worked for me as of yet...

Thanks in advance

Try a strap wrench... Don't use Wd40 unless the guts of the saber are out and even then you may not want to do that. I have never taken a maul apart so I can't be much help but my advice is a strap wrench it should do the trick. And it may not damage the saber.

Good luck

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

You could also try some rubber jar grippers. That's what I used when a couple of MHS pieces got misthreaded... Added bonus: I didn't damage the threading on the parts! WIN!

Ummm, time to throw them in the freezer again, while I go get a couple of jar openers... Thanks for the help

That's exactly what I did. Put the parts in the freezer while you go get the jar openers, then before you try to unscrew them, apply a thin thread lube or even vegetable oil or WD40 to the threads & they should come right apart. Good luck!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I actually broke a strap wrench trying to get the emitter off of a Maul. (It was a super cheap strap wrench) I got another strap wrench (a good one), used it and rubber jar openers (after I put the part in the freezer) and finally got it unscrewed. I have taken apart around 50 or so Mauls and have only had major problems with the one. There are others FX sabers out there too that are hard to get apart. Mainly the Obi TPM.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php