Thread: Power / Resistor Check Please

Default Power / Resistor Check Please

Hello all,

I was hoping that someone could verify my plans here for my saber and the resistors I have calculated out.

First I have a CF5.10 and a LedEngin RGGB LED. I the 7.4 Volt Li-ion 14500 battery Pack.

I plan on running the BG dies in Series for the main blade straight off the CF.
    For FOC I am going to run RG in series off the power extender with a 1 Ohm, 2 W resistor

How's that sound so far..now the one I am fuzzy on.

I am using an Anti Vandal Momentary switch from the Store here, and it says that the LED has a forward voltage of 3.3V at 20mA. According to the CF Manual it's LED PADs put out 3.3V at 18mA. Should I even worry about a resistor for the Switches LED? Using the resistor calculator it's calling for a 1/8W 1 ohm Resistor.

The Crystal Chamber's LED is going to be a High Brightness Blue LED that has a FW of 3.2V-3.8V at 20mA. Should I also get a 1/8W, 1 Ohm resistor for that as well?

Any thoughts? Has anyone wired a new CF5.10 yet with LED's off the pads?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by havoc64 View Post
    Any thoughts? Has anyone wired a new CF5.10 yet with LED's off the pads?
    Yes, several people have done this, likely hundred's of times.

You likely do not really need resistors for those led's, but I always use one anyway, because erv reccomends it. I typically use 1ohm, 1/16th watt smd for that, but they can be ....challenging....to solder to the pads on the board. It may be best to bridge the solder pads and use a standard through-hole type resistor if you don't think soldering smd 's is for you.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the reply Jay-Gon,

What about my other plans?

"First I have a CF5.10 and a LedEngin RGGB LED. I the 7.4 Volt Li-ion 14500 battery Pack.

I plan on running the BG dies in Series for the main blade straight off the CF.
    For FOC I am going to run RG in series off the power extender with a 1 Ohm, 2 W resistor"

Any thoughts?