Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soundcard fried?

Default Soundcard fried?

I'm wiring my first saber and I'm going insane. I did a preliminary check and had everything working perfectly. I have since been trying to make it all fit in my hilt and now nothing works, is there a way to tell if the card is dead? I can plug in the charger in the recharge port and charge the batteries but that's all it will do.

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

not much you can do,pull it apart,redo ,check solder joints and connects,use your multimeter,youll find it.
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

Another possibility if it's PC or CF is the SD card needs to be reformated. They're really static sensitive.

It is a PC 1.6 and that's what I'm hoping it is. I'm gonna check the card after work today, I spent so long troubleshooting yesterday I had to step away before I went nuts.

If the SD card isn't the issue, Mongo is right, you're only option is to pull it all out and check everything. If you bridged a pad, blew the speaker, missed a connection or any other number of things, you could find yourself in this position. You mention "trying to make it all fit". Does that include jamming things in and forcing it to fit? We've all done that at least once and ripped through the heatshrink on a connection or pulled something apart. It just happens sometimes.

I hope it is just the card but if not, definitely pull it all out and check it over. Good luck!

I checked the sd card and it seems fine how do you tell if it needs reformatted

just reformat it and move the stuff back over. It only takes a few seconds. It is worth a shot.

No cramming or forcing just simply running wires through the " sled" then attaching them to the card. After everything was attached I pulled the kill plug and not a peep. None of the switches or LEDs light up and pushing the switches does nothing either. Is there anyone in the Phoenix AZ area with experience that could maybe lend some assistance?

Not sure how to reformat

You don't know how to reformat an SD card? I don't want to come across as rude and it isn't meant that way but how did you wire and install a saber but not know how to do something like reformat an SD card? You mentioned below that the SD card seems fine. What did you base that on?

Put the SD card in an adapter and put it in your computer (or in a micro-SD slot if your computer has one, then you don't need the adapter)
    Move all the files on the SD card to somewhere on the computer (and check the manual to make sure you have everything you're supposed to have and it is all formatted correctly, including the config file)
    Open Windows Explorer (assuming you're on a Windows machine) and right click on the SD drive on the right hand side
    Click "Reformat" and do a full reformat
    Move the files that you've confirmed are complete and accurate back to the SD card
    Put it in your saber and see what happens