Thread: Box 9 or 11 on a Ribbed Grooved Section

Default Box 9 or 11 on a Ribbed Grooved Section

Have any of you done this? Do the 4-40 screws hold the box to the section properly?
    To see Videos of all PC/CF Sound Fonts I've made, Go here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA6B3CDFC18F2015A
    If you're interested in one of the fonts, send me a PM.

that's the way they are designed so I don't see why not. The only thing to be careful of is where your screw hole is. If it is in a groove you may need a longer screw to actually reach the threads.
    If it is on a ridge then there shouldn't be any problem but I would probably still use a longer one depending on how much metal is available between the screw hole and the edge of the ridge, you might want to get one long enough to get to threads below the groove level for more strength.

In between the the ribs gets stripped easily. Regardless of screw size I wouldn't recommend it.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

yea, something about putting screws in a groove just screams "dont do it" to me for some reason...

I have done it on my last few build with great success. The key to having it not strip is adding epoxy. I showed what I used and a pic of the epoxy placement here. You can pm me with questions if you need.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.