Thread: 1st Saber build!

Default 1st Saber build!

This is my first ever build. I received my order in the mail yesterday. Went through all the part and found that i needed to order a few odds and ends. So i placed another order last night. Today after work i got to masking off the sink tube and got to cutting but now i m at a stand still again because i broke the last two cut off wheels i have. But this is where i am at.

Right now it just going to be a lighted hilt no sound. have a white P4 led i will use filters for color. Let me know what you think Thanks in advance!IMG_20120306_153250.jpgIMG_20120306_153340.jpg

Looks cool... keep goin'!

looks awesome keep building man

Pretty amazing first build. Nice shroud design. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Well today i bought some more dremmel tools so i finished the shroud. I placed it on to give me a idea of how it looks. I like the way this is coming long. I have to drill and tap the holes for the shroud and blade holder. I am at a total lose for what color to paint this. any suggestions would be awesome right now i am thinking of a white shroud . I do plan on doing some light weathering on the piece as well. saber2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Off to a great start. Kinda reminds me of the one in my sig how it wraps around. Nice!

Paint suggestion....mock up and samples. Use your scrap metal to test paints and weathering on.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 03-07-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Honestly, the color of that blue painter's tape looks pretty good there. You might try to find some paint similar to that.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I am paiting the shroud today i got the electronic all wired up and working. I am keeping the MHS parts the aluminum . The shroud is going to be white with black accents on it. if i can i am going to try and put a custom logo on the bottom shroud if i can cut on out that i like. There will be picture later tonight. the parts are baking in the oven right now with the base white coat!

Edit: The paint is done the black ran under the tape in a few places. i am going to do some light weathering here soon to see if i like it. If not i will just sand all the way down and paint it over again. mail.jpgmail-1.jpg
    Last edited by slowenowen; 03-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Nice Saber man,

What's the total length of it? I am putting together my first blade and I am torn on the how long my design might end up...

Keep up the nice detailing..