Thread: Noobs and their new toys

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Default Noobs and their new toys

Well, I can finally say I placed my order! I got the parts to build my first saber this past Christmas, my dad finally paid for it, and I decided I wanted to put the hilt peices together just to see what my beautiful piece of art would look like... 2 days of SCREW, UNSCREW, SCREW, UNSCREW later.... I jammed the threads of both the blade holder, and the choke... then instead of reading about how to get them apart, my dad and I just used a bunch of pliers... So I need at least two new parts hahahahahaha... I will now allow the poking of fun to begin.

I hope you learned a valuable lesson young man!

No poking fun from me cuz I've done similar with threaded parts...just a suggestion to you or anyone reading to always add this to any future MHS order: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Su...ease-P426.aspx

Trust me its 40 cents well spent.

Same thing happened to me, what works really well is carburetor cleaner. Just a few shots of that and they should come unstuck with no need for pliers. Hope this helps. Also, it'll take off any paint you have on so keep that in mind.

A shot or two of WD-40, let it sip in 10-15 mins, and unscrew.

Works everytime
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

No self respecting saber builder should be without at LEAST 2 sets of good rubber belted strap wrenches. Many MHS parts could have been saved had the owners used strap wrenches.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Certainly anyone who realises that Tims quality of work is art should not be criticised! Happy building!