Thread: activation box question

Default activation box question

I was creating a saber in the builder, and thought a style 9 activation box on a 3" Fluted double ended female threaded connector would look good. But when i thought about it i realized it might not work out on a fluted section where there are more grooves than surface. Is this true or would this setup be okay?

You could put that box on a fluted section, but you'll likely have gaps in places. Alternatively, you could get a 3" double female piece customized with fluting that doesn't extend underneath the box. Send an email to the shop describing what you want, and Tim may be able to accomodate you.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    You could put that box on a fluted section, but you'll likely have gaps in places. Alternatively, you could get a 3" double female piece customized with fluting that doesn't extend underneath the box. Send an email to the shop describing what you want, and Tim may be able to accomodate you.
    Just to add to this:

I got a Box 14 which is a bit different also on a DF 3" fluted. The front is close enough that you can expect a little bit of 2 grooves peeking out in front of the large button area. I'd speculate you can expect the same for the port area but a little more prominent. Sides would probably be ok on the Box 9. (not on the Box 14 which has quite a bit of gap exposing both ports. If you DO get those parts it would probably look best mounted on a ridge not a groove.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Boxes fit well over overlays too so if you plan to use some sinktube over your MHS or even MHS sleeve, it could solve this issue as well. The boxes fit perfectly over MHS and leave a very small and not so noticeable gap underneath on MHS sleeve.