Thread: Petit Crouton with FOC

Default Petit Crouton with FOC

I purchased a Petit Crouton v1.6 from the store last month to use with an LedEngin RGBA. It's supposed to support flash-on-clash, but the parameters "focd, focp, and focr" were missing from the "config.txt" file. Has anybody else experienced this issue? The manual describes the foc parameters so I'm pretty sure they're suppose to be in config.txt. Does anyone know if I can just add them at the end of the file or do they need to occur in a special order? Also, would I need to reformat the microSD card if I do add the new parameters like when adding sound files to the crystal focus? Thanks.

Just add them in, it'll work. doesn't matter where, and changing the config files shouldn't require a reformat and reloading of the font.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'm just about to finish a similar set-up with FOC with a RRRR Ledengin, do you need to have a digit for each parameter that you add to the config. files?
    This has been a bit of a challenge in that I have a light meat card, I downloaded a couple of fonts from the font store & noticed that i had to add both config.& leds files to them in that they werent included with the fonts. Unfortunately after reformatting a spare card for any of these fonts & installing them, I for some reason just cant seem to get the fonts to work in my setup, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAlice View Post
    I'm just about to finish a similar set-up with FOC with a RRRR Ledengin, do you need to have a digit for each parameter that you add to the config. files?
    This has been a bit of a challenge in that I have a light meat card, I downloaded a couple of fonts from the font store & noticed that i had to add both config.& leds files to them in that they werent included with the fonts. Unfortunately after reformatting a spare card for any of these fonts & installing them, I for some reason just cant seem to get the fonts to work in my setup, any suggestions?
    I'll assume you downloaded the fonts for the pc when you got them from the font store site....when you set up a new SD card for the pc, you need to format it first and make sure it's done in either FAT or FAT16. Then you open the file folder in your computer (mine are all on my desktop and are named "Hero PC Font" etc." and copy the contents of that file folder over to the SD card....there should be no folders on your SD card, just the font sound effects, the config.txt, and the led.txt. There should only be one "blaster" sound, one "boot", 8 "clash" sounds, the config.txt, the "hum" sound, the "leds.txt" file, the "lockup" sound, the "poweron" and "poweroff" sounds, then 8 "swing" sounds.
    You config.txt file should read something like this, if you have a PCv1.6 with FoC:
    //Petit Crouton - Font "Bespin II"
    hs=40
    ls=12
    i=0.65
    shmrd=180
    shmrp=5
    shmrr=13
    swing=200
    clash=150
    lockup=150
    switch=2
    qon=1
    qoff=0
    offp=0
    vol=4
    flks=3
    flkd=20
    led=58
    idlepulsing=6
    idleled=0
    focd=400
    focp=5
    focr=0
    focfs=511
    That's the set up I have in my CS-X saber, and it produces a very noticeable FoC with the BBBB LedEngin I have in that saber. This set up basically disables the shimmer effect during a clash, making the FoC stand out more.

The leds.txt file should have all of these parameters:
    // Blinking LED configuration file
    random=0
    s00=11
    d00=00
    s01=11
    d01=00
    s02=11
    d02=00
    s03=11
    d03=00
    s04=11
    d04=00
    s05=11
    d05=00
    s06=11
    d06=00
    s07=11
    d07=00
    I have mine set up like this to keep the one led in the switch on when the saber is activated, rather than have it blink.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I guess that might be where I'm a bit confused, in that I placed an order for my PC1.6L on 2-01-2012, got it quickly (Thanks Tim!) I opened the package & notice the board has version 1.5 for the lettering on it with a date of 01/2011 as Hybridspecies mentioned my card that came with the PC didnt have the FOC parameters as shown in your diagram ( Wish I would have joined this forum months ago instead of ordering a ton of random parts to deal with later)& yes I ordered 6 fonts from the fontstore & downloaded them to my hard-drive
    Thanks Jay-gon, your advice is as always helpful
    Last edited by DarthAlice; 04-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.

The hardware version of the boards is indeed1.5. The firmware on that board is 1.6. The boards were already fabricated when the new firmware was released, and did not require a hardware change.

Ahhh that makes sense , Thank you