Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Luxeon Tri-Star LEDs?

Quote Originally Posted by JGMJacobo View Post
    The LEDs are wired in parallel using potentiometers. I'm figuring I should switch to just using 3 pronged slide switches, so it's just on-off, no resistance to deal with.
    Fender is the resident expert on purple blades if that's what you're going for, so maybe he will give you some advice, bit I've done few myself, and usually get the best results by putting the pot or resistor just on the red, leaving the blue alone. You adjust your shade by adding or reducing current to the red with the pot, then measure the resistance and replace the pot with the appropriate resistor.

If you're trying to make a color changing saber, then the same applies.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 04-04-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Alright, these guys are getting painful to work with. All the LED's work, but the purple won't shine for more than 2 seconds. I get it for a split second right on the line for the red's saturation. No resistor for blue, and a pot on the red, in parallel. Once the red gets into saturation, the blue pretty much dies, friggin current hog. Would wiring the two in series, then placing the pot in parallel with the red work? It should on paper, with the low resistance branch pulling the amperage from the red LED as much I want, while leaving the blue alone.