Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WWW.SABERFONT.COM is LIVE!!!!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default WWW.SABERFONT.COM is LIVE!!!!

Hello Saberland!

This has been a long time in coming, and a lot of blood sweat and tears has been poured into this project. Back when the Petit Crouton was unlocked, it was deemed that there would be a need for a single place for the community to go and purchase soundfonts for their projects and completed sabers. With the volume of sales of the PC, and lately the Crystal Focus, and the new Igniter soundboards, it is now safe to assume that such a place could be supported. In the long long ago, sounfont sales happened behind closed doors, through PMs and emails, or even on a font maker's personal site. There wasn't a nice shopping mall of saber audio euphoria . There wasn't an easy to use site to purchase and instantly download a quality soundfont. Well that time has finally come!

http://www.saberfont.com/index.shtml

The effort of Vader's Vault and the community's own XL97 (PST...he designed the Saberbuilder app here in the store), Saberfont.com is THE one stop shop for soundfonts and more! We brought in the big guns for brainstorming like Novastar, Madcow and Erv' to put together a place that not only the community would have to buy the latest and greatest soundfonts, but also a place that would foster a new generation of soundfont authors and offer them a chance to be fairly compensated for their hard work. You see, Saberfont.com is not a static place, offering a set number of things. We want to inspire new blood to put on those headphones and get mixing! We hope to have many new authors in the future, coming up with new and innovative fonts for the current range of supported soundboards.

Saberfont.com supports soundfonts for the Petit Crouton, Crystal Focus, and Igniter soundboards, the soundboards that power the community. We are launching with select fonts from Novastar, Madcow, and FX's own Nightstorm for the Petit Crouton and Crystal Focus soundboards. Novastar and Madcow are the tried and true veterans of the soundfont world and they put their trust in us to launch with their fonts, especially as we go through "new site growing pains" Nightstorm was chosen because we have personally worked very closely with him by thoroughly testing his fonts and giving him feedback, and with the extreme popularity of the SWTOR game, his TOR fonts have great relevance. His attention to every minute detail and enthusiasm for the work were of the highest caliber, and something we look to have more of on this site. We hope to have more soon as submissions come in and get tested and approved, and should also have fonts for the Igniter soon as well...... just as soon as we receive submissions from the Igniter font makers We also hope that this will be a place for the community to go for the hard to find product fonts like blaster fonts, and boot sounds, as well as other costuming and prop fonts. If you are interested in becoming a fontmaker for Saberfont.com, please see our page on submissions here: http://www.saberfont.com/submitAFont.shtml for more information.

* AS A LAUNCH SPECIAL, WE WILL BE FEATURING ALL NEW, NEVER BEFORE RELEASED FONTS FROM NOVASTAR. THE TRON LEGACY DISC FONTS, ONE WITH MUSIC AND THE OTHER WITHOUT, AND THE CROUCHING JEDI, HIDDEN SABER FONT. THESE FONTS ARE EXCLUSIVE TO SABERFONT.COM RIGHT NOW AND IS THE ONLY PLACE TO GET THESE GREAT NEW FONTS!*

All the eye candy, the coding.....pretty much all the hard work was done by XL97, who was a godsend to have on this project. I want to take this time to publicly thank him for everything he did for us on this project. It probably wouldn't have happened without him. I also want to thank my brainstorming group for their help and contributions as well as the support received from LDM, Tim at TCSS, MH and anyone else that I might have forgotten. This site is for you, the saber enthusiasts, the collectors, the community that has made everyone involved what they are. It is for the hard working font makers that in the past haven't received the accolades they deserve, or even sometimes the compensation they should. Please come and support your Font Makers, as they support you!

Thanks so much!

-Alan Johnson
    Vader's Vault
    Last edited by FenderBender; 03-01-2012 at 11:17 AM.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Thumbs up

Obviously still needs a bit of work and debugging (i.e. some of the preview links don't load up for me), but overall this was sorely needed. Thanks you guys for getting this off the ground!

And to all of you, please support our soundfont makers - it's the right / honest thing to do.

-C

EDIT: strange, maybe my internet was slow for some reason? Preview links seem to be working better now....
    Last edited by cannibal869; 02-29-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    LOCKHEED

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

This is a great thing! Thank you so much for your hard work. All of you! Your next mission if you choose to accept; Is a shop that sells everything from Acclamator-class Assault Ship to a Venator-class Star Destroyer. Think You are up to it?

Stumbled on it a few weeks ago and was pretty bummed when it didn't work. This is a good day. Thank you to everyone that put work into this site. The community really needed something like this.

This is very exciting news! One stop shopping for individual saber fonts!

I could have purchased all 3 of Novastar's CDs, plus the Madcow fonts, just to get the ones I want, but that's a lot of money for a half-dozen or so fonts. Now I have a more budget-conscious way to get my fonts.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

This site is a great idea, I love that these fonts can be in one place now, instead of me hunting around. However, I'm not sure about your idea to sell the CF default fonts, especially when they can be found on erv's site for free.

Red 6 Standing By

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yeah, those are fonts that are for the CF default package. They are there in case a CF customer needs a replacement package due to font/file corruption. PC default font is either Lightmeat or Darkmeat. Font makers should be paid for their work, just because something is available for download for a different intended purpose does not mean that font maker shouldn't be paid when you use it for something else.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

A number of the fonts there are optimized for the Petit Crouton sold by TCSS which is a good thing for noobs who may not know how to convert the CF font version that was on Novastars CDs...now they can simply buy the PC optimized version.

Good for noobs, good for experienced users, good for font creators who will be properly respected and remunerated...this is a very good day for the saber hobby.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This will be a day long remembered...

bravo to you everyone involved. This will make saber building that much more affordable and enjoyable.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

this is GREAT! I agree that font makers should paid for their creations and i think this another awesome addition to saber building. Its like Itunes for sabers. I'm having a little trouble with the preview though, but I still 1!