Thread: Quick check on my kill switch wiring

Default Quick check on my kill switch wiring

I'm getting my parts within the next two weeks and I really think I need to get my killswitch checked out. I'm just adding a killswitch into my current saber.

Newer Wiring setup.jpg I'm sure about most of it except for the + power to the board and battery pack. I'm not sure if I should be attaching both positives to one outlet. is my wiring right or am I as thick as lasts night gravy?
    The Force!? No... The Schwartz!

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeZero View Post
    I'm getting my parts within the next two weeks and I really think I need to get my killswitch checked out. I'm just adding a killswitch into my current saber.

Newer Wiring setup.jpg I'm sure about most of it except for the + power to the board and battery pack. I'm not sure if I should be attaching both positives to one outlet. is my wiring right or am I as thick as lasts night gravy?
    No that's correct. Switch+ is wired to both board+ and batt+. (or more precisely the protection PCB pad marked P+. you are using protection right?)

Edit: the important part is the two negative leads which are bridged by a switch when the jack is empty. That takes the board out of the circuit when it's being charged. You've got that covered so you're good.
    Last edited by Kevin Starwaster; 02-27-2012 at 10:28 PM.