Thread: Hasbro Force Tech wiring diagram?

Default Hasbro Force Tech wiring diagram?

Hey guys,

Ive been upgrading a no sound saber I made back in '09, and I bought a Hasbro Force Tech Mace Windu ( http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.c...9EFB1C75:en_US ) last night and want to use it for the LED and sound. My question is, does anyone know if this board is different from the other cheapy hasbro boards I've seen in the wiring diagrams here? Visually it looks similar to some of the ones here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...iring-Diagrams

I'll post a picture later tonight, but if anyone is familiar with what I'm talking about, I would appreciate it if you could tell me which diagram would work for me.

My lightsaber currently uses:
    •Luxeon III Star (Amber)
    •Luxeon 3w driver V2 (Latching)
    •4AAA battery holder

and I'm hoping I can just replace the driver board entirely. Everythign I've bought so far has come from TCSS.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S.: Sorry for all the lurking. If I get this working perhaps I can provide some pictures for others.

You can remove the driver but you would need to replace it with the appropriate buckpuck for the led. As well you would need to wire the led +,- from the board to a 5v relay and run the +or- for the buckpuck through the relay so as to provide the puck with proper current and the led with proper ma from the puck. pretty easy to do but depending on the space you have in the saber it can be cramped. Use these boards a bit my self, I prefer the obi wan board as it is the most narrow of the boards and easiest to work with for place ment of things. Also I recommend replaceing the monkey head swing sensory and the clash sensor with ones from the shop, they are smaller and real nice.
    Last edited by Goltar Bias; 02-27-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Yeah that is almost the same layout as the obi wan board I like, might have to pick one of those up. The canaster is the clash sensor and the other thing on the green wires is the swing sensor. Here look at this thread it has exactly what I am talking about.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...=hasbro+obiwan
    Last edited by Goltar Bias; 02-27-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Laochri, , using his Jedi mind power, waves his hand;

"This is the"This is the THREAD your looking for."your looking for."

Oh, If you don"t want to have the sound on start up, Use Skottsaber's Speaker Driven setup, it's the 8th one down.

Last edited by Loachri MacTalabh; 02-28-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Forgot Advise