Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Rules of Powder Coating- Please Help!

Default The Rules of Powder Coating- Please Help!

I am very interested in powder coating some items that I want to purchase, but I am not sure of the rules that come along with it, so I have a few questions. My first question is simply, Can I get anything that I want powder coated? For instance can I get a blade holder that I want coated black or does it have to be a specific blade holder? My next question is, can you send in items to get powder coated? Thank you so much for your time...

I would love for the black to match this black
    unshroud1.jpg
    Last edited by TheGuardian; 02-25-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

In the store under services, find what you seek, you will.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Services-C50.aspx

As for sending things in, I'm not sure. Email and ask Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
    Can I get anything that I want powder coated?
    As long as what you want powdercoated can withstand 400 degrees Fahrenheit then yes it can be powdercoated. If you follow the link that Loachri gave you, you'll see all the different options Tim offers.

As far as getting something powdercoated specifically the way you want, for instance, having certain areas of a blade holder powdercoated and certain areas that are machined aluminum, I haven't done that yet myself but I'm pretty sure others have. You'd need to email Tim and ask if it's possible to do and it helps to have a reference of what your going for.

btw...I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me on this, it looks to me like the black you have in your pic is probably Black Chrome powdercoat. I've used this before (on aluminum motorcycle parts) and it looks sweet. Especially when paired up with candy apple red. Hope that helps.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

It should be noted that Tim will not, powder coat objects you send to him. We all wish he did, but I'm sure he has good reason.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Did I say that? It is more of a case by case basis.. E-mail pics of what you need done.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

the item is an aluminum that has been black anodized... I am not sure if that helps in determing which color I should get but I thought I would put it out there...thank you all so much for your help

Tim

Between the Black Chrome and the Flat Black do you think will match the black hilt better? url.jpg

this is another picture of the hilt

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Did I say that? It is more of a case by case basis.. E-mail pics of what you need done.
    Oh really? I had heard otherwise on these forums. Not from you directly, mind you. That's good to hear. I'll keep that in mind for my next project.

The 2nd picture looks like a flat black to me.

Why not just check the PC color guide and chose for yourself.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/po...t/PCcolors.asp

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Hard to tell from that pic.. If its glossy then wet black.. if its more flat then flat black.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop