Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Purple Blade With uV Leds

Default Purple Blade With uV Leds

Since there is a lot of interest in a purple blade saber I will start a thread for it. The purple blade in the gallery was 7 high output Uv leds in a circle in a poly-c blade with a TCSS blade diffuser. The Uv leds are running at 25 ma each. I have not built this up into a complete saber yet but it is on my to do list and I will post pictures as I work on it in this thread and if you have questions please ask them here.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

And let's not forget this little jewel since it has all of DoClo's secrets

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=593

<center></center>

Ok I got a few things done and took some pictures of the progress

These are the leds mounted inside of a left over piece of a MR blade holder

The leds powered up with a 9 volt battery

The left over part of a MR Vader blade socket with the led holder installed

Stock MR blade installed into the holder, (it looks blueish due to the camera)

I have a MR Vader hilt that was wasted and I used it for the sound board so it has become the base for this purple saber. I will post more pics later as it takes shape.

Finished saber

I used a section of pvc pipe for the center clamp, and the rest is mostly MR parts. I had to repaint the emitter shroud with truck bed coating, the same that was used on the center clamp. I replaced the grips because the stock grips were wasted and I used a scotch brite pad to give the hilt a brushed metal look. Not bad for spare parts.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Council Member
    Sith Lord

man is that saber sweet do clo [:0]
    is it brighter than a regular 3 watt?

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

It is a little brighter than a stock MR saber[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Must have <font size="6"><font color="purple">PURPLE!</font id="purple"></font id="size6">

<center></center>

Purple just completes the look....... MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! [8D]
    <font color="black">______________</font id="black"><font color="red">@</font id="red"><font color="black">___</font id="black">
    <font color="black">(__________________]</font id="black"><font color="purple">=================================D</font id="purple">

What, Jedi master, Sith Lord, Or COMPLETE IDIOT What will it take to get me to stop?

Do-Clo I was planning on doing the same thing with a Vader after having seen your results in the past. However, I was thinking about using a MR strip and just replacing the leds and whatever else as needed with UVs. I will hopefully preserve the power up and down effect, and since this will never be dueled with I was going to give it a try. Your results look great so far. Have you ever thought about using a reflector from a maglight or other flashlight? You could cut open the bottom end to fit it over the leds and it may help focus the beam a little. Just a thought. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted.

Sabers are cool and stuff

Council Member
    Sith Lord

replacing the leds with uvs would A)take forever B)be a pain in the @$$ C)very risky buisness

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Private as normal you have your foot in your mouth.[V]

JediMcD the uV leds that I am using have a 15 degree veiwing angle so they are perfect with out any lens to focus them. The leds used in the MR strips are high output leds. Nothing really special about them so they could be replaced with the uV leds with no changes required to any circuits. I have considered doing a Mace with UV leds in the strip because the MR purple blade sucks. It would be time consuming but the effect would be worth it. If your soldering skills are good then I would say go for it. I got a bag of 100 uV high output leds on ebay for less then 20.00 so they can be had at a fair price.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>