Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shortest hilt length?

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Just an option; If you build a stunt, you could make it really short. All the room you need is for the battery, resistor (if needed), and heat sink.

I really want customizable sound in this one though. I'm getting kinda tired of being asked "what is (insert non SW character) doing with a lightsaber?" Using a custom, non-SW soundfont, as well as non standard hilt designs helps with that. I might also be able to attach the speaker to the bottom of the battery pack, like the Obsidian-wired saber I have. The pommel has sound holes, after all. It might not have quite as much resonance, but it should still be pretty good. I plan to use a Petit crouton in this one to get some practice, before moving on to the Crystal Focus board I got last night, housed in a more ornate hilt. (Yes, I plan to get some practice cutting and drilling on metal to get the shapes I want before building that one!)

I've got two of Novastar's sound font CDs and am planning to mix and match a bit to get a nice custom effect.

It seems that the optimum sound is from about an inch of resonance chamber. But experiment with it... you may like the results you get with a narrower / longer chamber.

Ok, before I go putting a parts list together, I need two momentary switches for a PC board, right?

correct you need 2 switches for the board 1rst for the power on and off and second for the effects

The primary can be either, the aux button must be momentary.

Make sure you read the manual over a few times before you start working on it.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/im...C1.6manual.pdf