Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tenaglia, A Sith Empire Era Jedi Saber by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thumbs up Tenaglia, A Sith Empire Era Jedi Saber by LDM

Tenaglia, A Sith Empire Era CFv5.10 Jedi Saber

I can finally post this saber now. I used it in the development of the Ferretium weathering for Kaplan's ESB Degobah Graflex's Diatium Power Core. It is a partially scratch, partially junk MHS, partially found parts saber. The core came from a 616 saber. The "muzzle" section is modified MHS (another junk part I got from Gravy), the box is MHS. The rest of it is custom machined. The claw and claw mount emitter along with the dual wire-wrapped quartz crystal chamber are the highlights for sure and are the features that I built the saber around. It is the "sister" saber to Unghia. I didn't want an external recharge port on her (couldn't find a place I was happy with) so I made a custom speaker/recharge.Crystal Pommel mount combo. Easy to pop out and access the CF as well. The Crystal Chamber is custom machined from Delrin, copper and PVC. It is a slide in piece that also locks the switches in place. There are no visible wires as there are two copper channels built into the chamber for wire carriage. The main crystal mirrors the cyan main blade (white FoC). The secondary crystal is green for contrast. There is also an internal green LED that gives the hint of internal machinations through the copper mesh windows in the muzzle section. I finished it off with a nice leather inlaid grip. Enjoy the claw-y goodness

Particulars:
    Tenaglia custom saber
    CFv5.10 w/Stock fonts (I love Ancient Saber for this one)
    CREE RGBW (Cyan/Aqua main blade w/White FoC)
    Touch Plate Activation
    Dual Wire-wrapped Quartz Crystal Chamber (Cyan and Green)
    Crystal Pommel
    7.4V Li-ion (14500) w/1.3mm recharge/kill hidden under pommel
    Faux Leather inlaid grip
    2W speaker in custom module

The BMT:

The Glams:

Install album (password: tenaglia):
    http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...d/Electronics/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Once again!! You put it down!!!! Very nice saber!

I'm digging the faux leather grip. Thanks to design requests by my wife, I'm now pondering how difficult it would be to learn your technique. I've never worked with leather before.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Another great one LDM !
    I love your sabers because even when they look simple at the first glimpse, they are so full of details and interesting solutions.

Stunning. I love every feature on this saber. Cyan blade, and that weathering is beautiful !! Great job on the croc-skin as well, that really goes wonderfully.

I give you *virtual high five*

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Borax View Post
    Stunning. I love every feature on this saber. Cyan blade, and that weathering is beautiful !! Great job on the croc-skin as well, that really goes wonderfully.

I give you *virtual high five*
    *slaps high five* yeah, I love that stuff. My wife actually swiped 2/3 of it to cover a shield my son made. I was all like *Whaaaaattt?**, then I was all like *ssssokay, I ctill ahve a whole yard***

Quote Originally Posted by Don Se Wion View Post
    Another great one LDM !
    I love your sabers because even when they look simple at the first glimpse, they are so full of details and interesting solutions.
    That's mah style. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I'm digging the faux leather grip. Thanks to design requests by my wife, I'm now pondering how difficult it would be to learn your technique. I've never worked with leather before.
    Not tough. Good measuring, beveling both ends, and gorilla superglue...it holds until you literally tear it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Once again!! You put it down!!!! Very nice saber!
    Gracias man
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Geats Saber LDM! The dirty copper and the leather-like grip is a perfect match. I'm not all that big on emitter claws, bit I think this saber wouldn't look as cool without it.

Nice! The weathering and leather compliment each other so well.

This is awesome, another great one and love Sith style sabers.

now that is my kind of saber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I love that back grip section that is just awesome!!!!!!

great job!
    ...YUP!