Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pronounce your screen name

Default Pronounce your screen name

It has occured to me that some of us may be saying screen names the wrong way. So I was thinking that we could have yet another useless topic that we could have fun with. If you guys and gals would be so kind as to show how it is that YOU pronounce your screen name it would make for a better understanding around the group.
    And yeah, it makes it easier when I am talkin on the phone too[]

James- About as standard and boring as it gets.

<font color="red">NEXT!</font id="red">

<center></center>

"NightWing"...

Um... "Nigh" as in "our doom is nigh" with a "T" on the end. "Wing" as in "jumping" without the "jump", and "W" on the front.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

lord as in bored with a L instead of a B
    maul as in a splitting maul

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

didn't we do this thread already?

anyway mine's pronounced "My" "Gin" (as in what you mix with Tom Collins seltzer water) and "Gone". Get it? 'course you'd already know this as it's in the TCSS Theme song (now of course i can find out if i did pronounce everybody's handle correctly. wasn't sure about naashar and mor el-kesav, among others)

-------------------------

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some idea-balls to remove from a manitee tank."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="purple">Let's hope that the people who really need to, post in this thread. []

Not the ones who really don't, who are the ones who have, so far.[)]

I think people can figure out how mine is pronounced.</font id="purple"></font id="size3"> []

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Ok So... Virus (as In the things you don't want on your computer) then six nine two. and yes I say it out like that. Virus 6 9 2.
    now if you want to know how top read my sig your hot *$&%^ out of luck.[]

VIrus 692- [img=left] http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/j/jedi.gif[/img=left]
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of in·san·i·ty!
    <font color="purple">Vi veri veniversum vivus vici</font id="purple">
    <font color="red">Voila` In View, A humble vaudevillian veteran cast as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. the only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose. So let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.</font id="red">
    <font color="purple">Are you, like, a crazy person?</font id="purple">

The sad thing is we have all these page views and minimum posts. Come on guys, don't be bashful. Spit it out.

Mi Gin I remember a brief discussion of this too but lookin through the dust and dirt I think I missed it. If it was a rant we started in to in another topic there is no tellin' where it is but with my luck I just missed it. I guess you can say that it is a little different since I am looking more for "how do you say it" then the origins. And yes I still think your's is one of the best.[]

J-Lo I would have thought this would have gone over better with folks being that there are the meets at cons and such. I am still holding out hope.[]

<center></center>

LedPocket

Led like fred, dead, head, said, (from the root Led Zeppelin)

Pocket like rocket, socket, docket (from the root PocketPC)

Most appropriately used to describe spending habits (akin to "drives with a lead foot") related to various hobbies.

Often called "Led" or "Mr. Pockets" to my face. My wife is often called "mrs. pocket" and she doesn't seem to mind it. This is a small indication of how an on-line persona can bleed into your "real" life

Yoi-A-Holic
    Sounds like Boy with a Y
    Ah
    Hall
    Ick

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3

...show how it is that YOU pronounce your screen name<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Fi-ah-bird Twenty One...

I'm from MA, what do you expect![]

Pahk the Cah in the havad yahd.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!