Thread: 07-08 Vader

Default 07-08 Vader

I have the 07 vader and i want to do the conversion, Which wire on the quick diconnect is positive and which ones are negative?

Red is pos and black is neg.

No really? But if you've actually taken apart the saber down to the PCB you would know that that quick disconnect that goes to the blade and clash sensor doesn't have a black or red wire.

Are you asking about the removable blade Hasbro Vader, or the older MR that has a DIN connector attached, like this one:

If yes, then does the soundboard look like this:

If yes to both, then it gets wired very much like the board in the conversion tutorial in this section of the forum. The main difference being that you'll have to remove the clash sensor from the DIN plug, and either solder wires to it. The gray wire on the harness is the negative for the clash, and you'd have to add a wire for the positive and tie it into the main led positive. One other method I have used myself for mounting the clash is to solder it directly to the board, like this:

I also remove the plastic header plug and solder new wires to it. The above board has a yellow for the main led positive, and green for the negative. The bottom of that board looks like this:

I soldered the green wire across all of the negative pads to allow for full current for the main led. It's easier for me than trying to bundle up the negative wires already on the board, and less messy looking that way.

I hope this helped, if not, you may need to show us pictures of your board, if you can.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Currently, I am away from my work bench and saber. But when I get back to it I will crack it open and take a look at it. Thank you for the response though, I haven't ordered the kit yet but I wanted proper instructions on how to wire it before I spent my money and broke my Lightsaber.