Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Before you flame, please consider this "black blade" idea.

I understand your enthusiasm. I appreciate the fact that you'd like to share your idea with all of us. But black blade threads have popped up numerous times in the past. They almost invariably turn into ugly flame-fests. Do not let this dissuade you from trying your ideas on your own. However, I will repost what J-Lo has stickied in her other thread:

-----

Unless you have a working prototype with accompanying photos and build log, do NOT create or update any thread concerning "Black" lightsaber blades.

There has been more than enough theorycrafting and fanboy supposition about black blades.

Light does not work that way.
    It's physics.
    It has been that way for a very long time and will not change any time soon.
    Please stop posting about it.

All it does is make people angry.

-----

When you have it working, come back and we'll talk.
    Last edited by Silver Serpent; 02-15-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Can someone please please please put a silver-tipped iron-wound holywater-soaked mistletoe wood stake in this vampire ideas heart?

Whenever it rises again I'd like to take a time machine back to whenever TFU was being planned and beat whatever artist suggested a black blade over the head with a 20lb Physics textbook until they are dead dead dead...then I remind myself not to give in to the Dark Side...but its tempting...

...and thats all I'm gonna say...

Please read this topic before posting anything further here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-quot-Threads

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Can someone please please please put a silver-tipped iron-wound holywater-soaked mistletoe wood stake in this vampire ideas heart?

Whenever it rises again I'd like to take a time machine back to whenever TFU was being planned and beat whatever artist suggested a black blade over the head with a 20lb Physics textbook until they are dead dead dead...then I remind myself not to give in to the Dark Side...but its tempting...

...and thats all I'm gonna say...
    Remember, they did it in the Clone Wars, too. They all need to learn to physics.
    Hey! Visit my deviantArt page!
    http://kai-sabol.deviantart.com/

"Strength isn't power. Power comes from your desire to keep the peace, and your will to fight for it." -Me

Guys, we are technically in violation of Jedi Loreen's request. That thread specifically instructs members not to create or update threads concerning black blades. Several members (including myself) have violated the second portion of that request: We have updated this thread. I humbly suggest that we let it die.

As far as the lavish, physics-based beatings, you do realize that we're involved in a hobby which takes place entirely outside the realm of conventional physics, yes? Sure, there's a difference between theoretically possible and outright foolish, but both are still not feasible within the realm of available science. I specifically remember reading an article about George Lucas' original conception of the lightsaber, which basically amounted to nothing more than "a coherent energy blade that cuts everything, and can only be stopped by another lightsaber". That's basically all he had, with no thought to whether it would be possible or not, or how it would be done. All of the explanations and theorizing came afterward, unless what I read was totally false.

I think it's good to remember that we're enjoying a hobby which brings us closer to a movie we love. Getting deeper than that seems somehow counterproductive. At the very least, it's a great way to start an argument.

With that said, and with the promise that I'm not trying to "get the last word", I will ask that we abide by Jedi Loreen's request and not post any more replies to this clearly banned topic. If you (meaning the general public) are interested in replying to my comment, I welcome a personal message. I will not post any of the messages in any public thread, in compliance with the ban on black blade topics.

I'm walking away, now. Happy sabering.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I said there are to be no more "black blade" threads.

Locking
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!