Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Saber Prject Layout Concept. Let me know what you think

Did it in MHS Builder. Just imagine that, instead of three separate pieces, the hilt is comprised of one central pipe, fitted with a pommel and emitter.

yah but way to big i maybe have my sections milled from blanks so i can get shorter ones. i really want a saber under 10"

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    Did it in MHS Builder. Just imagine that, instead of three separate pieces, the hilt is comprised of one central pipe, fitted with a pommel and emitter.

Still have smaller diameter in the ribbed areas so as not to weaken the metalz

Im not worried about the space just means I use less batteries. Not sure if it will weaken the structure I.assume its thick enough but ill ask

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Structure is something you never have to worry about using MHS parts. Unless you add a male Adapter with your parts.

That hilt will be quite long, so If you are fine with that, cool deal. You will have plenty of room for pretty much anything you want in there...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I just photoshopped mine shorter and will post the change tonight

Sorry to have to tell you, but I'm afraid you can't remove the half inch section.
    That is for the female threading which is to large to fit under the ribbed section.

As to the switch, I'm sure the groves can be matched to start after the box, but the box still has to be 1/2 an inch from the edge of the extension, threading again.

Yes I know threading is such a pain.

We will see what tim says if he can do it.

Some additional feedback on the alignment issue. I think this will happen everytime you reverse that piece from front to back due to threading differences between front/back at least on the double female. it would probably require a change in how that piece is crafted.

that said, the use of chassis disk 1 between the two hilt parts in the back lined them up perfectly for me. if threading and milling is consistent from piece to piece then that should work for you. of course YMMV.