Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Saber Prject Layout Concept. Let me know what you think

even without the trim rings I had the alignment issue, but I don't know if the issue got worse with the trim rings.
    what I could think of is giving the possibility that the grip can be screwed a few millimeter further or less far. maybe a very very thin trimring could work.

Well i emailed about indexing the threading to match, still waiting a response. but i did put some small thought into spacer rings to potentially solve alignment issues.

Alignment of parts is tricky. Mostly because threads/parts break in and can go out of alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Don't worry about the pommel structure being weak, it is not important. Bigger holes there will give better sound. With 2 of the grip sections space will become a problem. Put more thought into the inside verses the outside before committing to a design.
    DITTO!! I painted myself into a corner with my first design. Didn't think ahead. My switch configuration was right in the way of where the PC sound card, and batteries were "supposed" to go. Had to compromise and wound up with very sloppy and problematic wiring as a result.
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    That is not fair.

I was looking at a double-grip design, myself, but would be bugged by a misalignment of the two sections. Any ideas on how to combat this? I finally settled on a design I truly loved; I don't want it marred by an asymmetrical arrangement.
    I see Tim is offering "blank" section pieces now. Perhaps use two of those and request a custom machining job with the grooves just the way you want."
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.

Nice I will def look into that since I want 2 done in the same style
    Last edited by DemonBunnyman; 02-16-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Well i ordered 4 of the windowed pommels today 2 in matte black 2 regular. Plans 2 build 2 pairs of sabers.

I wonder if it's possible to simply ask for a longer grip section, with the center 4" left smooth. It would be a single piece section, but with room for a box mount. Solves all problems.

well il get these done then probally the emitters then tackle the the center bits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to simply ask for a longer grip section, with the center 4" left smooth. It would be a single piece section, but with room for a box mount. Solves all problems.
    Any chance of an accompanying diagram? Having some trouble visualizing. (hope we're not hijacking demonbunnyman's thread here...)