Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: To 3D? Or not to 3D? That... Well you know the rest.

Default To 3D? Or not to 3D? That... Well you know the rest.

So I got to ask. Has anyone bothered to go see TPM in 3D? It is out pure morbid curiosity that I ask.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Nope! Not going to. A film that was filmed in standard 2D won't be any good 3D. George needs to leave them alone.
    Unless of course he continues the story.

Agreed. I can't imangine it being anything but kitschy.

Also agreed on the continuation of the story. I would love to see I, Jedi done. Though I think it would make a better mini-series than a moive to do it justice.

My son and I went and saw it and loved it,first 3d movie I've seen and am definitely going to see the others when they come out, also they took out the Yoda puppet and made him CGI like 2 and 3
    Last edited by Darth Scorn; 02-12-2012 at 05:20 PM.

yea, I'm sure they did good with it, but since they didn't shoot the original film in 3D, they would have had to convert the 3D sequences like any other standard 2D to 3D conversion, which in my book, is a lil shabby compared to shooting it with the Camera lenses spaced apart, speaking of movies such as Avatar.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ma and my daughter are going to see it in a couple of weekends from now. Even if the 3D conversion may not be that great, it still gives me an excuse to go see Star Wars in the Theater again. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I'm not sayin it's crap don't go, it's just that if they really wanted an exceptional super mind blowing 3d version, they should have taken it in 3D, and then decided later on wether or not they wanted to go that route, but technology is always changing, and 3D wasn't that popular then, so I am probably going to see it for myself soon. we are speaking of LucasArts here, the ones who originally created all these mind-blowing visuals that we are all so fond of, they made do with what they had where they were, so this should be a top notch 2D-3D conversion. I am going to see it!!

I only went to see star wars in the theater again and to carry my lightsaber around with fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! other than that it wasn't really worth it!
    ...YUP!

I guess it's a win lose situation if you have a saber... xD

Me and my wife saw it Friday night. It was her first time seeing any of the Star Wars. She was bored and literally fell asleep. I loved it. It wasn't as "3D" as a lot of new 3D movies. But I thought they did a great job. I it was cool when it was there and it classic Star Wars when it wasn't. I plan on seeing the rest (But Uncle George had better use my money to continue the series).
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.