Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: To 3D? Or not to 3D? That... Well you know the rest.

Yes exactly, for that very reason, these movies are just intents to fill the gaps and digital demos. I totally agree with you both, the almost super beings jedi wiped out by troopers in a minute is "blasphemy"..... and order 66 is only a scenaristic trick
    I'm sure you all had in some corners of your imagination, like me, epic and dark visions of battle between clones and jedi (a bit like in the opening dagorlad scene of LoTR), with heroic deaths, and this, years before even knowing what was a clone... And now, in a short time, you see pathetic monks with neons sabers dying with the first laser shot. In the meanwhile, obi and anakin fight like supermen litterally flying over lava.... Maybe you can argue that it's easy to criticize (actually it is), and that the jedi extinction as we imagined it isn't adaptable to a movie...I'd say : hey look at the old republic MMO trailers. It's way better.
    I also think the prelogy spreads over too many years. All the tidings of the myth sumed in the last half of the movie, when they could have been initiated in the second....Why not ? Because George's statement is that the audience now is stupid and you have to show everything to it. And almost all AoTC is useless. So nothing's left for the imagination.
    IMHO, George would have do it a lot better if its movies were destined to an older audience. Although he claims that the original trilogy was for children (not so sure about it)

Ironically enough, the darkest material by far is the Clone Wars animated series. There are some seriously dark moments, and the stories are by far the best of that era for fans. The best part of all is that you can simply skip the episodes centered around the stuff you don't like and only focus on what you do. I love it.

I went and saw this with the old lady on monday, I gotta ask, being this is my first 3D movie, are they supposed to make your head feel.. funny?

It's episode 1, a movie I have already bought on 3 different formats, and seen twice in theaters. I think Mr. Lucas needs to just stop. I literally fell asleep twice while watching this in 3d, I don't know if it's the 3D technology or it was just Episode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Odious View Post
    I went and saw this with the old lady on monday, I gotta ask, being this is my first 3D movie, are they supposed to make your head feel.. funny?

It's episode 1, a movie I have already bought on 3 different formats, and seen twice in theaters. I think Mr. Lucas needs to just stop. I literally fell asleep twice while watching this in 3d, I don't know if it's the 3D technology or it was just Episode 1.
    Standard 2D to 3D conversion. all he did was layer an extra episode I on top of the other one just a little offset, similar to "real" 3D, but not really 3D. If he did what he knows is the right thing to do, and further explore the Star Wars saga, and make a new saga for the new generation, that would be cool; but I think he's gotten too old to spend all that time and energy.