Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: To 3D? Or not to 3D? That... Well you know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Even if the 3D conversion may not be that great, it still gives me an excuse to go see Star Wars in the Theater again. LOL
    Good point Rhyen. Plus I didn't get to see the original trilogy since I was born in '86. Now I just need to talk my wife into it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoRn Mangers View Post
    Good point Rhyen. Plus I didn't get to see the original trilogy since I was born in '86. Now I just need to talk my wife into it.
    haha good luck with that.. :P tell her it's the best thing she can do for you for valentine's day!!! lol

All my buddies went(I was working) and said it was great. I am still debating, If I do it will be a matinee, not into paying $14 for a movie I have seen 100 times.

Well, I went to see TPM 3D despite the fact I really dislike this movie for pure curiosity . Jar jar is worst than ever in 3d, the 3d itself is poor, very poor almost inexistent during lightsabers duels...
    It's like the old 8bits sega 3d games. a superposition of two flat layers

The only things that could be interesting is that you see some details you don't usually notice, they've (at least) replaced the ridiculous yoda by a new acceptable one, and you can almost kiss nathalie's face. But the movie isn't worth a single buck... The day has come brothers to kill the Father before it's too late (maybe it's already too late)...
    Last edited by Vlad Doon; 02-14-2012 at 08:50 AM.

I went just to see it in theaters again. Just like all Star Wars movies, you tend to judge it less harshly as time goes by. Jar Jar was still as annoying as ever, but the pod race was fantastic and the 3d really added a lot to that scene. The rest of the 3d is pretty subtle, but I found that I enjoyed it much more this second go around. I still got massive goosebumps when Darth Maul ignites his saber staff. It's still to this day the most memorable thing I've seen in theaters (was born in '82 so I missed the original trilogy in theaters).

It was really great seeing a whole new generation of Star Wars fans being born. It made me reminisce about seeing it the first time, and I think I'd been focusing too much on it's downsides. In all fairness, if you judge them objectively, none of the 6 are really great movies to begin with. They all have their flaws (except ESB, and to a lesser extent, RotS).

Second that VicSkimmr. Despite all the BS that has happened through the years. We must remember that none of use would be here if it wasn't for George Lucas for better or worse he is due our respect. After years of watching all the movies and reading the books, I've gained such a altruistic philosophy for my life... I can't imagine living any other way.

Ok maybe I'm getting a lil too deep, but you guys get my point.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Ok so I gave in! It was cool that I finally saw it in the theater. As for the 3D,,,I came home and took 2 Advil. I can do with out.
    George Lucas for better or worse he is due our respect.
    I DO RESPECT HIM!
    I was taught in a writing class, you write a 1st draft put it to rest for a while, then a 2nd draft making revisions, then do a final draft. If you keep going from there, you'll never finish it. This goes with novels, screenplays, and finale production of films.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    Ok so I gave in! It was cool that I finally saw it in the theater. As for the 3D,,,I came home and took 2 Advil. I can do with out.
    I DO RESPECT HIM!
    I was taught in a writing class, you write a 1st draft put it to rest for a while, then a 2nd draft making revisions, then do a final draft. If you keep going from there, you'll never finish it. This goes with novels, screenplays, and finale production of films.
    now, taking this into account, had Mr. George delved into the subtle as now fictional Force Unleashed episodes, and layed down episode I back in the 90's, it may have went over a little bit better. lol

I saw it, it was my first 3D film to go see and I really liked it. That being said there were alot of scenes that really could have been done better, the lightsaber duels left me feeling like I lost out on something that could have been epic. And I felt like I could reach out and grab the title roll as it flew across the screen. My wife still hates star wars I kept telling her that TPM was not the one she should star with. I'm hoping that the next 5 are done better. I also go 2 pair of TPM 3d glasses. I'm keeping those locked away, could be worth something later on.

Second that VicSkimmr. Despite all the BS that has happened through the years. We must remember that none of use would be here if it wasn't for George Lucas for better or worse he is due our respect. After years of watching all the movies and reading the books, I've gained such a altruistic philosophy for my life... I can't imagine living any other way.

Ok maybe I'm getting a lil too deep, but you guys get my point.
    Yes my friend, Lucas is the One who started it all , but remember that he didn't even shoot ESB and ROTJ himself, and I think that his conception of the trilogy have evolved. I think everyone of us have imagined our own pre ANH stories since ROTJ, and some felt dissapointed with so much expectation.