Thread: Question with wire gauge

Default Question with wire gauge

Im going to be using a 7.4 battery pack , my question is , is 26 gauge wire heavy enough to go from the battery pack >recharge port >sound board?
    I just want to make sure it can carry the current ok, dont need to set anything on fire you know, lol.

Yes, 26 gauge can candle 3 or 4 amps.

Quote Originally Posted by caz345 View Post
    Im going to be using a 7.4 battery pack , my question is , is 26 gauge wire heavy enough to go from the battery pack >recharge port >sound board?
    I just want to make sure it can carry the current ok, dont need to set anything on fire you know, lol.

I work as a telecommunications cable repair tech, and we have some circuits that are in excess of 100 volts on 26 gauge copper. so a mere 7.4v i'm sure won't be an issue for this application
    A knowledgeable man knows he has limited knowledge.

Thanks guys, I wasn't concerned with the voltage, just the current, and the smaller gauge wire is more manageable so I wanted to wire the whole saber with that size but didn't want to have any problems. Sunrider, just checked out the pics from your saber you are truly insane! Very impressive.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I normally use 28 to 30 guage wire.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php