Thread: Need help with a DPDT Latching illuminated switch please help

Default Need help with a DPDT Latching illuminated switch please help

I need help wiring a DPDT Latching illuminated switch. I think I know how, but I dont wanna screw it up. Ive searched all over and cant seem to find a diagram without soundboards or anything.
    I just bought my first MHS lightsaber and bought a DPDT Latching illuminated switch to put in it. All I will have in it is the Rebel LED and a accent LED. No soundboards or anything.

Can someone please tell me or have a picture of how to wire this switch? Lamens terms if you dont mind.
    Thanks!

I was just looking for this same thing.
    Turns out this switch is more then just a simple switch.
    Read this and you'll know everything I do.
    That should be enough.

My iron is hot, and I'm about to re-wire mine right now. I'll let you know if it works.

Alright!! I got it. However, in the process I seem to have killed the latching of my switch (not sure how to fix that yet).

Here is a paint diagram of the crazyness I've made. It should all work, once I get my latching back.

saber wiring 2.jpg
    Last edited by The Yin; 02-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks alot man! I do need to learn a little more about double pole switches. Def not your everyday switch.

I dont have the buck puck, just using a resistor. I think I can get it going. Ive done lots of plain converstions, but I have never dealt with the DPDT before. Kinda crazy I work with electricity but on a WHOLE different scale and way.

I was wondering if I messed up buying this switch.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The main thing to consider is that the LED and the switch are 2 different components and have nothing to do with each other as far as internal wiring goes. So you just have a switch and an accent LED. If you need a normally open contact just use the C1 and NO1 contacts. The other contacts are not used unless you are running 2 circuits through the switch. In most cases you will just be using 4 contacts on the switch, the LED + and -, and C1 and NO1.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php