Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SW meets Disneyland for a Job

Default SW meets Disneyland for a Job

Tomorrowland Terrace
    One of the most popular games at the Disney-related message board communities is talking about what to change at Disneyland (or any of the other parks) if only Bob Iger would put you in charge. When this game is played for Tomorrowland the changes almost always look to the past for inspiration. Put back America Sings. Bring back the People Mover. The Skyway would be a great addition, and so on. Such wishes got a win with next year's return of the submarines (even if somewhat different) and this fall will bring another minor victory of looking to the past in Tomorrowland.

In early September the Club Buzz Stage shuts down for about a month for repairs to the lift mechanism and to remove all of the remaining Buzz Lightyear stage decorations. When it comes back it will once again officially be the Tomorrowland Terrace (and the restaurant will change names as well).

After its return, the stage will continue hosting live musical acts but will also be home to a new entertainment offering by the name of Jedi Training Academy. For this show young audience members will be given training in how to fight enemies using the dark side of the Force. It should be a lot of fun to have the park filled with youngsters able to actually use their glowing light sabers with skill. There will be no hope for adults surviving the day.

By the way, if you're interested in being one of the Jedi Knights offering the training the following open casting call on August 31 was posted last week:

Union Status AGVA

Rate AGVA Featured/Principal rate

Audition Dates: Thursday, 8/31, 10:00 am

Audition Location: Debbie Reynolds Studios, 6514 Lankershim Blvd., N. Hollywood CA 91606

Synopsis: Disney Entertainment Productions is seeking actors for Jedi Training Academy, an all new interactive experience performed outdoors in Disneyland Park. Actors will portray a Jedi Master, who with the help of his young Jedi "trainees," battles a real live Star Wars villain!

Audition Note: Sign-in will begin at 9:30 am. Sides will be provided. Dress appropriately for a possible movement evaluation. Bring a current headshot and resume. Performers must be at least 18 years of age to audition.

Roles: submit JEDI MASTER / Featured / Male / All Ethnicities / 18-45. Male, 5'8"+. Athletic build, good physical shape, moves well, sword work a plus. Strong actor with comedic timing and improv skills. Ability to interact and connect with young guests.

No submissions necessary, please attend Open Call.

I realize the Pay isn't great but just imagine when people ask you what you do for a living, you could tell them I am a Jedi Master!!![][8D]

<center>
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i would but i kinda live 2 states above disney land []
    that sounds like a ton of fun, G Force, are you going to do it [?]

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="blue">They are looking for other roles, too:</font id="blue"></font id="size3">

The Disneyland® Character Department is seeking outgoing, energetic performers to portray famous Star Wars™ characters.
    Role Descriptions:

Darth Maul - Male, 5'8"-5'10" with an athletic build and strong movement skills, staff/bow training a plus

Darth Vader - Male, 6'4"-6'7" with an athletic build and strong movement skills, sword training a plus

Stormtroopers - Male, 5'8"-6' with a slender build

<font size="3"><font color="blue">No offense to GForce, but he doesn't exactly fit the "athletic build" profile. (neither do I, for that matter, but they aren't looking for females for this, damn misogyinsts! Girls can be Jedi Masters too! [!])</font id="blue"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

thjats awesome, but im in the middle of the U.S. and too far to go to do it. but i could do either a jedi or Vader if i could make it there. dang, mileage distance, lol

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

i fyour really into stuff like this, one thing you could do (if you have money or costumes already) is do birthday parties, start at a non profit event, pass out cards and make a name for yourself. Then you may get openings of stores or in malls. I have friends that do this for a company called custom costumes and i do it occasionally too, i just dont have a costume of my own, so it only works when someone cant make it.

I'm not sure how fair the fights are going to be considering that the villians will be using Ultra Sabers and the younglings will only have Hasbro sabers []

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="maroon">If you are a member of the Rebel Legion, or the 501st, you are not allowed to make money for yourself while wearing a Star Wars costume. You can do non-profit things and charity work while in costume. Unless you are actually working for LFL, in some capacity.

I don't know if LFL frowns upon "regular" people appearing as Star Wars characters on their own and profiting from it. I don't imagine they'd be too happy, but if they don't find out, then I suppose they won't care.

But the 2 costuming groups are too high profile to get away with that. I've seen people get kicked out for doing so.</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">

trhe b-day parties is a option i was going to pursue as a matter of fact. and also im in the 327th star corps right now, and im tryin out for the 501 as soon as the other stuff i bought gets in.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

What about making money from selling props?

The Vader and Maul lightsabers that will be used by Disney for this attraction are Ultra Sabers. So does that disqualify me from joining the 501st and the Legion? I've always wondered about that.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by UltraSWG

What about making money from selling props?

The Vader and Maul lightsabers that will be used by Disney for this attraction are Ultra Sabers. So does that disqualify me from joining the 501st and the Legion? I've always wondered about that.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font size="3"><font color="blue">Since you are selling them to Disney, which has to be an LFL licensee, since they sell Star Wars stuff in the Star Trader shop, then I don't think so, in your case here, Alex.</font id="blue">[]

<font color="green">They are really going to be using your sabers? When I saw you mention that, I thought maybe you were kidding. That's really cool!</font id="green"></font id="size3">[]