Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Removable blade converstions?

Default Removable blade converstions?

does anyone know the wiring of replacing the led strips on these w the luxeons? and how would that effect the blade connectors? what would happen w that short circute noise?

I have a ANH luke skywalker w removable blade btw.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...3w-conversions, and invest in a drill & tap set for the thumb hole screw, as far as i know the conversion kits that tim sells in the shop work for stock and removable blade lightsabers

Cheers
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Remember, if we get caught....
    (")_(") You're deaf, and I don't speak english

Tim does not have a conversion kit for the Luke ANH model as of yet. As far as the wiring goes, I happen to have just finished a conversion on an anakin removable blade model, and will be posting the pictures in a tutorial in a few days.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'm curious, with the similarities between the Anakin ROTS and the Luke ANH sabers, do you think the available Anakin conversion kit might work on the Luke ANH? I'm interested in giving it a try.
    I'm brand spanking new to "sabers" - following a family vacation to Disney's Hollywood Studios my kids bought me the Luke ANH with removable blade for Father's Day. Then I found this forum and I decided that I would love to convert my new toy to a brighter blade / louder sound just for some fun. But I cannot find ANYWHERE an example of someone who has even disassembled this specific device. Right now I'm still trying to figure out how to get the electronics out without destroying the great looks of this hilt.

If anyone can point me in a good direction for this product I'd be thrilled. Thanks.

Sending you a PM on your question about dissasembly.

consider me subscribed.
    im really on the fence about either getting a graflex, or just converting the removable blade luke ANH since they seem to be plentiful and under $120 right now.

Dr Stinkbomb, welcome to TCSS! kiss your wallet goodbye! lol
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Thanks for the PM directorcass. I looked at what you directed me towards, but it isn't the same saber that I own. The one I have has a removable blade. I'm still going to use that as a basic guideline due to the similarities between the two products. Hopefully I can pop out the glass eye and find the same screw underneath it.

Thanks for the welcome Jedi Mynock.

I have no idea if the Anakin kit will fit the Luke. If it did it wouldn't look like the Luke anymore. I can tell you if you want to keep the short circuit and blade engage/disengage sounds its pretty easy. I did it on my Anakin, I just followed the removable blade Anakin tutorial and instead of connecting the wires that controll those sounds I hooked them up to a small toggle switch. Heres a video of the saber,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KmG8...&feature=g-upl I do the toggle thing at around the one minute mark. (Ummm please bare in mind I made this video not only to show off the saber, but also to inform the force fx lovers out there that dont know about the conversion kits, hence some of my seemingly obvious statements.)
    Last edited by Jabbas_reluctant_slave; 06-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.

I recently found the tutorial by Jay-gon for converting the removable blade Anakin, and will be acquiring parts for it here. It will be my first project, and if it goes well I want to convert my Obi-wan removable as well. However, there isn't a conversion kit for it yet.