Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Petit Crouton Saber completed

Default First Petit Crouton Saber completed

After months of reading, studying, saving money, trial and error, and finally upgrading some parts, I have completed my first Petit Crouton lightsaber. This is a project that I had wanted to do about 5 years ago after the first UltraSound boards came out. I delayed the project in favor of building a working Astromech instead. After 4 years of working on my R2 unit, I needed a break and came back to the saber community to finally complete my first saber.

I kept my design simple - MHS parts and not a lot of bling. I considered a shroud but will eventually try that on another build. My saber as mentioned, has a PC 1.6 installed, driving a Seoul P4 Red. I did not go for the flash on clash this time around, instead, I decided to add the R.I.C.E . port for easier configuration of the saber. Aside from the illuminated AV switch, I have one other LED illuminating the pommel.

I purchased MadCow’s Revenge font and it sounds amazing through the 2W speaker offered by TCSS.

Thank you all for the help and knowledge in this forum. I couldn’t have completed this project without it.

Jon
    hilt1.jpghilt2.jpgignited saber1.jpgpommel1.jpg

Great simple design. I like the blade holder myself, just trying to find the right design for it myself.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Nice. Congrats on your first PC install. You can always upgrade it later if you want a more custom look.

Nice saber. Surprised you didn't put a trim ring under the choke. I woulda gone gold on it. Thats me though. Gold trim rings work with any Sith saber.

AWHH my dream a PC saber! That is a sweet saber bro!! Nice and easy!!

Thanks All.

I hadn't considered the trim rings. I just looked those up on TCSS and I might pick one up on my next order. I didn't get good pics of the wiring and considering how tedious it was to get the components in place, I'm not touching it unless I have to. I have a quick release connector on the LED for easy change outs, but beyond that, I'm leaving it alone.

I'll document my wiring scheme on that saber as I'll be spending a bit more time experimenting with different components - possibly a rumble motor, FoC, custom shroud, powder coating.. Who knows. There are a few skills that I want to learn to apply to my next saber.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JDuffPhoto View Post
    Thanks All.

I hadn't considered the trim rings. I just looked those up on TCSS and I might pick one up on my next order. I didn't get good pics of the wiring and considering how tedious it was to get the components in place, I'm not touching it unless I have to. I have a quick release connector on the LED for easy change outs, but beyond that, I'm leaving it alone.

I'll document my wiring scheme on that saber as I'll be spending a bit more time experimenting with different components - possibly a rumble motor, FoC, custom shroud, powder coating.. Who knows. There are a few skills that I want to learn to apply to my next saber.

Jon
    Great first saber! Streamlined and clean. I would definitely not use a trim ring on this, it would break the elegant lines you have. Often a great saber is overdone with too many design elements.

Very nicely done.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

I was just thinking it would be really simple to remove the covertec knob, and slide on an overlay with a hole in it for the covertec to hold it in place.

Figured I would post to this thread, I'm already upgrading this saber. I have an event in June which I will be portraying a Jedi. I decided to go as a Jedi Sentinel and swap out the Seoul P4 Red for a LedEngin 5W Amber. Pics were taken with a mobile phone.

Jon

IMAG0181.jpgIMAG0182.jpg