Thread: Double Edged Lightsaber Project

Default Double Edged Lightsaber Project

Hello!

So I've started a project ordered all the materials and planned everything for my lightsaber or lightsabers even because since it's an
    Double edged lightsaber it is in fact two lightsabers connected by a twin male connector so removing the pommels will allow for the
    full lightsaber in all it's glory or just as two split sabers looking awfully nice together .

Here we go for a basic summary of how my build looks like

-Hilt style no. 4, choke style no. 3 long, blade holder style no. 17 "new", MPS pommel style no. 2 and inserts of style no. 4,
    also just one and not duplicate of the double ended male threaded connector style no.1 too connect them both, Anti-vandal
    switches one blue and one red fitted on blades accordingly and a Bezel for the switches.

-One of the blades feature's a deep red very pure Sith colour and the other be Cyan, iknow your first reactions will simply
    be like "Why one sith and one.. guardian colour" short and simplified version, I proved myself as Sith through killing an Jedi
    master and taking his colour crystal as trophy.

-Resistor setup with 6v 4AA setup and Luxeon Rebel Star Leds since i heard most good things about them, but both leds are
    shurely good, bit of reasoning here well I will upgrade too buckpuck and soundboard later, but hence two lightsabers = double
    price, well it will a upgrade over time, I will make that later for the thread, but it wont be in for a fair while.

Goal - Very simply, finish theese lightsabers I will infact colour them soon after i've completly assembled the electronics,
    (might be a delay since I'm studying) I will colour the grooves on the hilt black the extension a dark copper goldish colour,
    then chrome and mix theese three colours over the saber's until perfection, have a tiny bit of inspiration from Vader's vault,
    but before colouring I will make shure they are battle ready feeling really solid and everything is fit thightly inside, then after
    all is done enjoy my newborn babies and allwoing too finish my last goal of having them readily avaible for me too cosplay with.

PS. Pictures will come as soon as I start building i.e. when the package comes too my big home in Sweden.

I hope I see a few of you following me on this project hence I think it will turn out really good, best of wishes

Waterss
    -----------

Good News my package has arrived in Sweden after lots of money spent on custom around 80 euro too be specific, it's finally here,
    picture's will be posted as I start the making of this double edged lightsaber, a bit of how it looks before assembly, during assembly
    and many pics of finished product
    Last edited by Waterdropss; 02-10-2012 at 06:06 AM.

I like the background story you have behind the saber. Very creative! Looking forward to the build!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker