Thread: Samurai Vader

Default Samurai Vader

G'day y'all.
    Just wanted to share my costume from last Halloween. Samurai Vader Made from cut/shaped garbage cans bound with red leather. The head gear is an old batters helmet, mask with voice and sound effects (cut to fit the helmet). All made with a dremmel
    I know it's not an original idea, but it was fun as hell lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Nice. Amusingly (to me, anyway) I'm sitting here wearing my "Samurai Vader" t-shirt.

Nice, only thing i would have changed is the red for silver (to match the original Darth Vader suit that has silver on it).
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

A good point. But I felt the red was very Sith
    ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Hey, why not. I like it. I agree with Ronan, Silver would look better. I want to do a Jedi with a KILT! To go along with the look, I though a AA Maglite for a Sgain Dubh (small black knife), a small hilted 12" blade for a Dirk (dagger), and a Baskethilt saber. Kind of a Scottish themed Jedi

A Jedi Clansman. Great idea Would ya wear a regular kilt or a great kilt? I'm not sold on the silver. The red seems way more sinister and it matches the red from my Prophesy quite nicely
    ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Well to each their own with the silver/red. You know I have never thought about. A Feile Mor (gaelic for great kilt) is a great idea. Thanks, it will be easier to make.

Ya, I was just thinking of the original Highlander film. Imagining Connor MacLeod with a lightsaber lol. "There can be only one" The Kurgan would never f**k with a clansman with a lightsaber lol! Anyhow, good luck on the outfit. Keep us posted on it, would love to check it out. Slàinte mhòr agad!
    ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Also for some ideas checkout the vader dark knight costume recently sold on ebay. You can find it over here: http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/style/c...rth-knight.asp

Might give you some ideas. Incorporating some of the parts instead of just tacking them to the outside of the helmet and such might look better or worse.