Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jango Fett Costuming Thread (Do you Jango?)

Oh please! Let's not bring that one up again. I still think that a generally open costuming group would be a great thing to start but the last guy I talked to about that ran away[V]

<center></center>

Devilstar do you have any leads on accurate Jango items? I know you are doing Boba, but if you run across any let me know.

Sabers are cool and stuff

Watch the Cargo Hold on TDH... Theres Jango stuff in there all the time.

<center></center>

Since this applies to both costumes (Jango and Boba) I was wondering what everyone is using for voice amplification. I have seen several possibilites, but I don't know if they all work equally well or if one is better than the others. I have seen hyperdyne's modules, and they are nice, nice and expensive. The following link looks promising. It has the static burst and has some tone control to it. It is the third item from the top.

http://www.triktoys.com/pages/2/index.htm

I also have seen other amplifier options, but they are just amplifiers without any tone control or static burst. I have never bought anything from triktoys, but their stuff looks good.

Also, if anyone has any MR Jango Fett blasters they would like to part with, or if you see any please let me know. I have some rubies blasters that I am working on, but the MR blasters would be so much nicer.

I'm gonna use one of the amps that TK409 has listed on his site. As for the Jango blasters, look on eBay. I got the 2 blaster set with the holster for my son for like $17 shipped. Theres a guy on there that sells open packages.

EDIT-

Nevermind, I just noticed that it said MR blasters. Derrrrrrrrrr... [)]

<center></center>

Yeah I have looked at the ones on TK409 recommends. They look good, but the speaker and the plastic housing is pretty big. This one looked a little smaller. Maybe it would be easier to hide. Do the ones TK409 rcommends have any tone control that you know of? They look good and from the audio samples sound good too. I'll let you buy one and report back. ha ha. I might give this one a try just for the heck of it. What's a little money wasted here and there. Just a learning experience.

I don't know... That seems to be about the same size. Maybe just a touch smaller. As for the sound quality on the Trik one, it sounds exactly like my sons $7 Bionicle voice changer.

I wouldn't really worry about the tone control. If I remember correctly, there is no static or odd tones to Bobas/Jangos voice. It just sounds amplified to me. But its your call... If you wanna try it out, go for it. Different stokes, right? []

EDIT-

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my cousin is looking into a modified Skullworx kit for me thats fitted for mando buckets. I haven't heard anything on it yet though. But then again, I haven't even gotten that far. For now, I'm thinking the ones on 409's site would be the best for the money, but you may wanna check out the Skullworx anyway. I think his kits run $100+ but its all self contained in the helmet (speakers, fans, and all).

http://www.skullworx.com/

If I can get a modified version of it, I'll probably get it over the 409 recommended amp, but I'm not sure where/how I'd mount the speakers. Its not like a TK helmet where you have airators (sp?). If the speakers get too close to the mic, you could get a squelching noise.

EDIT2-

I just got a reply from Skullworx, he hasn't started to offer a prewired kit for mando helmets. Looks like it can be done, but he wants to figure out a mounting system for the speakers.

<center></center>

I definately don't want to sound like a bionicle. Maybe I will keep looking.

What I am considering doing is placing the speaker or speakers (depending on what system I end up with) in either the ammo pouches or the jetpack. I think with the skullworks system you could extend the wiring and put the speakers down in the ammo pouches. You would then just need to maybe put some holes down the side of the pouches to let the sound out better. Ouch I know. Putting holes in the leather doesn't sound like a great idea, but it is better than a bunch of holes in the front for everyone to see. It is just a thought. A bad thought maybe but a thought none the less.

This is why I like Jango or Boba costumes. There is a lot to play with.

Thats an idea... I think alot of people go that route. I'd just really like to have everything self contained in the helmet though.

You know the key holes in the back of the mando buckets? I was thinking about putting some screen over that and possibly mounting the speaker there. Then making a cut out for it in the padding that will have to be in there anyway. Know what I mean? My worry with that though is making the helmet back heavy, I don't want the 'chin' section of the helmet drifting up.

I don't know, like I said, thats still a ways off for me. Just ideas at the moment.

-Shawn

<center></center>

Not bashing anyone but steer away from Triktoys his stuff is over priced and besides you can get the same stuff from radio shack cheaper (who would have ever though you could get electronics cheaper at the shack)

<center></center>