Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jango Fett Costuming Thread (Do you Jango?)

Great stuff. I have a want list that is greater then my cash flow. My bro-in-law will love this stuff and one day I would like to do a generic Mandolorian but I am going to finish my Jedi and Sith outfits first.

<center></center>

Don't know too much about Jango yet, but weren't the screen used boots some Kenneth Cole boots? You might be able to find some at stores like Gabriel Brothers, TJ Max, or Michaels. Pretty much any of the stores that sell factory rejects or close out items.

EDIT-

BTW, Boba>Jango [][][]

<center></center>

Come on now. Boba came from Jango. The original is always the best.[]

I digress. Let's please not turn this into a Jango versus Boba thread.[] I want this to maybe get indexed because of the good information I hope this will contain. If anyone has any questions about the Jango costume please ask them. I may not know all the answers, but I can either find out or someone else will know.

Yes the boots were Kenneth Cole. The model of boot was called the Pit Crew. This has been out of produciton for some years, so I don't think places like TJ Max will have them. I looked. There are a couple of other brands and models that have the same sole (which is the major identifier for the boot), but alas they are all out of production as well. I am always looking on ebay, and there are reproducitons out there. However, I am not wanting to pay the $200 it will take to get the repros. The search continues.

Here are the exact boots.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forum...ead.php?t=2694

If anyone has any of these between sizes 11-12 and you are willing to part with them please let me know.

After reading this I wanted to edit it because it sounded a little to high and mighty. I am not wanting to come across rude. That is not my intention at all. I am not the expert by any stretch, and Devilstar I am just kidding around with you as well.[]

Devil's cool dude, he is just going to rib ya on a regular basis because he is committing to do a Boba that I am guessing he is going to try to make the 501st with. (We hope so anyway)

Moving on. It would seem to me that what we really need is someone here that has started a costume or has a complete costume that they could show some pics. There has not been a costume topic that has made the stickies yet and xwing has been tight on the index which is probally a good thing but the stormtrooper one may be worthy since it has turned out to be Taz's place to show off[]

I just did a quick search on ebay and there is some decent stuff. This is really interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Attack...QQcmdZViewItem

<center></center>

Yeah I knew he was kidding. I am at work and am ready to be done for the week. I have every friday off, and I am more than ready to be done this week. You know what I am talking about.

That bucket is a very good one. It is from one of the members at The Dented Helmet if I am not mistaken. I believe it is a BKBT (bigkidbiggertoys) bucket. The weathering is cool, but I am going more for a brand new look. The BKBT bucket is a good base, but I like the one I posted above better. It is cold cast with aluminium powder in the resin. That makes it have that true metal look. Also it is cast off of a real prop.

James3 are you a member of The Dented Helmet. If not you should join. It has a lot of useful information. I am going to try to make the 501st with my Jango. I may crash and burn, but I am going to try. Oh yeah by the way stay away from a seller called cyanide72 on ebay. His stuff is really bad. It isn't accurate and is very weak. Pretty much avoid most Jango armor on ebay.

Xwing I don't have an endless supply of micropucks[] in fact I have three left and three 1 watt luxeon leds, red, red orange, white. I caught a really good deal on the one watt luxeons and micropucks so I stocked up on them.[] After reading your plans for the E-11 blaster I decided that mine could use some serious upgrades. Maybe we should start a E-11 blaster thread.[?]

I bought my fett chest armor from 502smallblock it is very good armor but it is boba style so I will fill the battle damaged areas and make it smooth. I will post some pic when I get to that point.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

I have a couple of buddies in the 501st here in Virginia and some of the fett stuff they have shown me is sweet.

Perfect example:http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers...45&whichpage=6

I have been thinking of getting on there so we'll see.

<center></center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3

Devil's cool dude, he is just going to rib ya on a regular basis because he is committing to do a Boba that I am guessing he is going to try to make the 501st with. (We hope so anyway)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah... I was just teasing... I'm actually doing a Boba for myself, and a mini Jango for my son. Is that warped or what? []

Sorry I can't be much help on the thread. I'm not going top end/screen accurate on a kids costume. Now Boba, thats a different story... All top end there. Besides, if you post on TDH, theres nothing that I know that you wouldn't. But if you ever wanna shoot the snitz over Boba, Jango, or the 501st shoot me a PM and I'll get ya on AIM.

To answer James' question; I've joined our local garrisons academy, and will most definitely be joining the 501st (hopefully by this time next year).

-Shawn

<center></center>

Cool Shawn. Well the Jango and Boba costumes have the same basic anatomy to them, so we have that to chat about. How hard was or is it to get into the 501st. I am kind of nervous about it even though I plan on having this costume extremely accurate. I also am working on Anakin and Obi Wan costumes that are screen accurate too. I think I am stretching myself too thin, but everyone has to have a hobby.

Sabers are cool and stuff

I'm not in the 501st... The academy is a partial message board for Garrison Carida where you can talk to counslers and other cadets about your costume building. They also have a BST forum to sell/buy used parts. Its not much different from this board, or TDH, aside from the fact that its local to my state and that if I had to, I could meet up with a counsler to work on projects with and learn from.

I'm not sure about the regs for getting into the 501st, but it seems that it really depends on the garrison and which costume you are doing. Since the Rubies Supreme Vader came out, it seems that there was a Vader crack down of sorts (so I've read). But thats a whole other can of worms that I won't get into. Everyone has their opinion of what should/shouldn't be allowed. If you are going for screen accurate, then you'll most likely be buying high end gear, and shouldn't have a problem.

EDIT-

BTW, about stretching yourself too thin. I'd ditch the Obi-Wan costume all together and put the cash toward the 2 that you can use in the 501st. Unless you plan on joining the Rebel Legion, or just really want to have it for personal satisfaction.

<center></center>