Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring diagram help

Default Wiring diagram help

Just when I thought I was out of business, an offer "I couldn't refuse" was placed before me. I am in need of help from an electronics "guru" here, however.

Can someone help me out with a digram that has the following:

Corbin's driver board

MR sound board

Corbin's Power Level Indicator

Force Resonator (small vibrating motor)

Recharge port with LED indicator (for using NiMH batteries)

It's kind of a tall order, but could someone help me out? I get lost in the diagram just after connecting Corbin's driver to the MR sound board.

Thanks!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The resonator and PLI are easy... the recharge port, on only when charging I assume?

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

For the LED? Yes, it need be lit only when plugged in and the charger active.

Cool! I think we can bang this out right quick.

...Woman! where's my work pad?!

EDIT- OK dinner is done, kids are in bed, and I can get this knocked out for ya now.

<center></center>

Thanks, y'all...I appreciate it a bunch.

If it proves difficult to make everythign work with one switch, two would be fine. The first switch could activate the PLI and resonator, as though the saber was being "armed", leaving the second switch to power the LED and sound.

Sorry I was playing in chat Jon, what size battery and led for the recharger are you puttin in.

I am trying to do this in a step-by-step method so it should go smooth for you.

It is one of those things where I am having to slow myself down to do this[][B)]

<center></center>

I'm thinking a green LED for the indicator of the saber being armed, and a red LED for the saber being plugged in for charging.

For batteries, I am wanting to use 5 NiMH cells at 2500mAh each.

A green led in addition to the pli? What I have been playing with is using one switch, basicly a DPDT so that one side activates the pli and resonator while the Corbin board/Soundcard is on it's own pathway. It's using the same switch as an interrupter (like a lightswitch) and an activator (typical pushbutton) I am guessing that you are getting Corbin's Latching board?

<center></center>

I did get the driver board in latching format. Talking with Corbin himself, he said that a single switch might prove difficult, so I thought two switches would work fine. One switch would power the PLI and force resonator, with a green LED to show the saber as "armed". The remaining switch would power the driver board and MR sound board.

The red LED would only serve to indicate the saner as plugged in when the batteries are bing charged. This obviously will require a zenier diode and resistor.