Thread: Idea for "decieved saber"

Default Idea for "decieved saber"

I am new to building a saber but not new to them in general (a lot of tricky MR conversions) but I had an Idea that may call on skills of cram fu that not even chuck norris has. I have an idea for an mhs saber similar to the one in the deceived trailer. The real question here of course is can I fit a 4AAA battery back in 1.25inch. Here is a depiction of what I am trying to get at here. I am new to MHS so please tell me if the whole notion is flawed.
    http://i.imgur.com/RMYdP.png
    Last edited by beans22; 02-01-2012 at 12:26 AM.

One thing you could do is look up the MHS dimensions right here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...System-aka-MHS
    This should help you plan future MHS builds as well.

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

I think 4AAA would never fit here, but there might be a solution.
    I would try to evaluate the possibility to install:

- a lithium battery in the back choke, perhaps with the recharge port in the pommel or in the double female extension if it's a 3"
    - a switch in the central double female extension (an AV for instance)
    - an economy Hasbro 2010 Obi-One sound board in the front choke (this board is pretty narrow).

All dimensions must be verified, but there might be a chance it's doable.
    Last edited by Don Se Wion; 02-01-2012 at 02:59 AM.

I think I may just use a big extension to fit a 4AAA after all it is my first "real" build thanks for the help though

Quote Originally Posted by beans22 View Post
    I think I may just use a big extension to fit a 4AAA after all it is my first "real" build thanks for the help though
    I would highly recommend Don Se Wion's idea of making the Li-Ion battery pack. You'll be able to stick with your original design. Making battery packs is not difficult and there is a tutorial on this forum the explains how you can make them.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

I agree with the idea of using a li-ion battery in the back choke, but if you have some $$$ to burn, try buying an obsidian board from Ultrasabers. Not the BEST quality, but the sound fonts are pretty darn epic.
    Hey! Visit my deviantArt page!
    http://kai-sabol.deviantart.com/

"Strength isn't power. Power comes from your desire to keep the peace, and your will to fight for it." -Me

I think I will go with your judgement but I am deciding to doubt this design from an ergonomic stand point. Do you think this saber would be comfortable especially for someone with very large hands