Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Slothfurnace's ANH Obi Reveal

Wow, just... wow. And telling the rest of us mere mortals that you wanted to do something "a little more challenging" is mean, man; mean. Love your work.

CFLS... You lucky duckling!!!

I think this is going to be your best piece to date.

I love the obi, it's probably my favourite of all.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Sir, when I read "Everything leading up to this has been practice to me" I literally got a cold shiver up my spine. Considering your work inspired me to begin saber building , to say I look forward to another creation from you is understatement.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

AWESOME work so far Brad. I really love the domed fins in the crystal chamber. I do think they would look better a little thinner though.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Great work. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Once more, this saber will result in a "waaaaao". I'm amazed by this step by step build. Can't wait for the result

Thanks all...
    Broke a 4-40 tap last night or I'd be further along on this. BUT I was able to drill out through the center of my brass rod, which was nice.

Comin along, as I get time to work on it.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

So the plan is to cut these fins in half, and do a little more milling, but this is the test first piece to see what I think.

I like it, I want to shave some more off it, but it's getting close to what I have in mind. Pardon the crumby cellphone pics, I took these at my desk at work.

Now... are you cutting the fin in half because it improves visiblity and this is basically a cut-away sabre, or are you doing it because you see some benefit to the cut-away look to the "real world" weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Now... are you cutting the fin in half because it improves visiblity and this is basically a cut-away sabre, or are you doing it because you see some benefit to the cut-away look to the "real world" weapon?
    No, it's a cutaway within the chamber to show the crystal,, kind of like:

Here's the plan, I hope I have illustrated it correctly, it's kind of hard to draw these compound curves and such.