Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Slothfurnace's ANH Obi Reveal

Most impressive. I imagine full brightness would be difficult to capture properly on camera.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Did I ever mention that looking at your work is my happy place?

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post

Blade test!

This is at less than half brightness... don't want to crank up the juice just yet.

HALF? Any brighter and it's going to cut through steel just like a real lightsaber....

In fact I think you're lying to us, that's not no LED string, I see you've constructed a new lightsaber!
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

This is about an 1/8 second exposure of a stock Hasbro/MR Obi AOTC Force FX saber with fresh Energizer batteries.

This is the same exposure, with the CF-LS on setting 400 out of 511. The camera doesn't quite do it justice, it's slightly painful to look at the CFLS blade in my office at night. In real life, you almost can't tell the Hasbro/MR Obi is even on.

This pic is closer to what my eye actually sees when I look at the CFLS. The Hasbro is not as bright to my eye in this pic, but you can really tell the difference in the two blades by looking at the reflection underneath them. The REFLECTION of the CFLS blade on the leather couch is as almost as bright as the BLADE of the hasbro.

I was able to shorten the scroll by setting it to 200. I assume that's 200 milliseconds per segment.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

HOLY BLINDNESS, slothMAN! That is amazing. Take that puppy out in broad daylight to see how visible it is?

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Good god, man! I'd like to know how good it is in daylight as well.

<in Obi-Wan voice> "That's no lightsaber... it's a tanning bed!"
    Boring conversation anyway...

MUST POST VIDEOS ASAP.... drools.....
    Follow Your Bliss

GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT.......... uh .... I lost my self for a minute. This is Bad A^% ! Cant wait to see FULL POWAH !!!

New Vid!

http://youtu.be/uMBQYj_Y1tg?hd=1

This is at 80% of full power, volume of 2 out of 4.

I really don't think I need to make it any brighter. My camera SERIOUSLY hates it, it auto dims to black almost. I have no idea if I can lock the exposure for a truly good recording, but you can see how bright it is on ignition.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.