Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Slothfurnace's ANH Obi Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post

MECHANICALLY WORKING!

I finally got the thing all tied down, it works, it's straight, it's rock solid and balanced. The blade is cut and fit, the chamber is secure, the latch works, the DIN plugs mate and clock correctly, the quick detach works, etc.
    Next up, weathering/oxidizing the grenade and windvane and emitter.
    Looks great but one minor quibble.... it's a little detracting that I can see through that hole in the hilt (under the box) to the other side.... I wasn't even going to mention it and maybe you can just ignore it but it's just one of those things that when it gets my attention I can't forget about it. Ok that's all.... looks great!
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Starwaster View Post
    Looks great but one minor quibble.... it's a little detracting that I can see through that hole in the hilt (under the box) to the other side.... I wasn't even going to mention it and maybe you can just ignore it but it's just one of those things that when it gets my attention I can't forget about it. Ok that's all.... looks great!
    That's because there are no electronics installed yet.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    That's because there are no electronics installed yet.
    Ah ok my bad.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

This is the fine scale mesh wrap I am using to cover and protect the 7 blade wires that run through the chamber into the top of the saber.

looking good man
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

A test lighting to see how the light spills around inside the chamber...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sweet work there. Digging the mesh, I would say that test was rather successful.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

mmm mmm mmmm nice man, cant wait....
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Here's a glimpse at one of my portable workstations, it's a big steel plank with a panavise and a frankenthirdhand attached to it. I use this for all sorts of projects.

Been working on finishing up the crystal chamber, replaced the mesh on the right side, since it snagged and bent, and got the LEDs installed.

I decided not to go with a cable rack across the top as you may have seen in one of the other pics. Just didn't turn out the way I liked. I think this is better.

You can sort of see the wiring under the crystal chamber mount here, it's a triangular array going from LED channel to LED channel, and terminating across the backbone of the battery can. After some test fits, I am happy to say it all fits in there.
    Last edited by slothfurnace; 06-03-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Love the mesh covering the wires, feels very real.