Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Slothfurnace's ANH Obi Reveal

That crystal chamber is sick, sloth. I love how these sabers are going so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    That crystal chamber is sick, sloth. I love how these sabers are going so far.
    Thanks much!

I couldn't resist trying out my LEDs for the chamber and blade... I did a quick wire up to see how the light spills through the crystal.

I think it's going to work ok.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Please forgive some newb questions. You mentioned that this featured a prototype crystal board... is that just an LED driver that drives both the blade and the chamber LEDs? Are there just the two LEDs? What color is (are) the chamber LED? Is there sound on this sabre, and if so, is that part of the same board, or are you also putting a sound board in, somewhere?

@ Jenny, he's using a Crystal Focus v5 LS. as a sound/ led driver, for the most part it can drive the main led, accent led's play movie accurate sound fonts and make breakfast for you. (not sure about the breakfast making part though, but I've heard things)

I hope that was helpful.

By the way Sloth... very nice work thus far, I'm looking forward to seeing it completed, and will be watching this thread with interest

Cheers

Ka'ge
    Last edited by Ka'getsu; 02-03-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Remember, if we get caught....
    (")_(") You're deaf, and I don't speak english

oh sloth... again

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

I totally fell i love with that crystal chamber!
    great work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    I usually just use white and a green LED...
    Thats what I had figured on. I just thought it would look good for when the saber was off.

BWT, is the crystal LED going to be driven so it will pulse. (sorry if driven is the wrong term. Still learning the jargon.)

This is so great! Will this be the first actual use of the CF LS?

I can't think of a better saber for it to go into!

BTW Sloth.. I'm not only a huge fan of your sabers.. .but I also love your detailed pictures!
    Great job dude.
    Ancient, reliable and civilized.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWindu View Post
    This is so great! Will this be the first actual use of the CF LS?

I can't think of a better saber for it to go into!

BTW Sloth.. I'm not only a huge fan of your sabers.. .but I also love your detailed pictures!
    Great job dude.
    I am not sure if it's the first use, I am sure erv has made a saber, and I think one other person has a CF-LS Prototype.

At this point I had cut a hole in the side of the Graflex clamp for the recharge port, and needed to replace the stock nut that came with it with a custom nut that was threaded for the recharge port, but replicated the "transistor washer/heatsink" thing that was on the original prop. Here I have a half inch section of aluminum drilled and threaded for the recharge port.

And after parting off and cleaning it up a bit, I have a valid transistor washer piece that holds my recharge port. I will fabricate a transistor kill plug like I did with my first Obi saber

Here I am drilling out some small brass rod so I can thread it for 4-40 so I can use it as my support rod collars/dome fin spacers.

And these are the holes those spacers will interlock with on the domed fins.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

I looks bad...I'll take it off your hands for you.
    Yub Yub Commander.