Thread: Here’s what I made w/Extra Parts...OK I get it.

Default Here’s what I made w/Extra Parts...OK I get it.

OK I did post what I know now to be a silly one about what to do with extra TCSS parts.
    OK, I had a 3” D/female connection and a sink pipe adapter in the draw along with a Luke conversion kit blade holder. I thought each part needed help in some way to make a saber.
    To make a long story short I played around with parts on another day and put this saber together.
    I like it so much; I ordered duplicate parts to make a twin with sound for a staff saber. I’m going to change the blade to green. This will be my only JEDI saber, the rest are Sith. Can’t wait for the parts to get here. This is my last order of aluminum parts for a lil while. I’m just going to get stuff to make PVC sabers. I have been going nuts ordering stuff. I have been spending unauthorized money on saber stuff.
    SSHHhhhhh!
    Anyway no specs, I’m not finished with her yet. I’ll post an update once I finish her sister.
    Let me know what you think guys. 

Hahaha...see I done told ya. The only thing I don't care for on this one is the red thumb screw which would get in the way of where my thumb would rest just above the switch box. Otherwise not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Hahaha...see I done told ya. The only thing I don't care for on this one is the red thumb screw which would get in the way of where my thumb would rest just above the switch box. Otherwise not bad at all.
    I'm assuming you're either a lefty, or wield single-handed. There's enough room on the bottom end of the hilt for my left hand and enough on the top for my right. I typically direct the switch box to the left, so as not to interfere with my right hand. It looks like the Covertec and smaller "knob" would provide a good place to brace my thumb, to prevent rotation of the hilt in my hands.

Everyone will use them differently, of course.

Right handed. One handed mainly, the occasional second hand. I place my switch boxes on the same side, but I prefer the box opposite my palm so my fingers stop just short of it, thumb and index finder just above. Otherwise I end up grinding my hand on it if they get too close on either side. Plus it's near impossible to loose grip of it when spinning. It's like pretending the choke point is immediately above the box. I never cared much for boxes till I found out how to grip them like this.

I had the same opinion. Putting an immovable object on the grip, where your fingers and palm nearly meet, makes it very difficult to foul up your grip. There are a few disarm techniques which rely on rotation, which is made impossible with this technique.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    I'm assuming you're either a lefty, or wield single-handed. There's enough room on the bottom end of the hilt for my left hand and enough on the top for my right. I typically direct the switch box to the left, so as not to interfere with my right hand. It looks like the Covertec and smaller "knob" would provide a good place to brace my thumb, to prevent rotation of the hilt in my hands.

Everyone will use them differently, of course.
    What I love about this saber is that, the whole top half of the saber is in two parts. I can turn the emitter around, and place the retention screw on the other side or just put it in the center. It’s a lefty or righty saber. Just a twist of the screws. And if I want I just get another Luke conversion kit and have both a Red and Green blade. This is going to be a Green staff saber. One saber only with sound. But I want to rig it so after they are connected, I can connect the power some how so when I power up the sound side the other side will ignite. Any idea on how to do that? I had a few, but would love some help.