Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's Brass Saber 26 (BS-26)

Default Jay-gon's Brass Saber 26 (BS-26)

I built this one for a fellow member of the Rebel Legion so he'd have a nice custom saber for trooping with. This one has a highly polished finish on both the brass accents and the MHS parts and a custom pommel. Sound is provided by a Crystal Focus v5.10, while power is supplied by a removable 7.4v Li-Ion rechargeable battery pack made up of two 14500 cells and a protection pcb. The speaker is the new Mega bass version found in the store here, and the main blade led is my last Luxeon III bin 1 Cyan.

Brass Saber 26 (BS-26)

The fonts on the SD card:

"Bespin II" - Madcow
    "Revenge" - Madcow
    "Shatterpoint" - Madcow
    "Hero" - Madcow
    "Heirloom" - Madcow
    "Ep.III Sidious" - Novastar

Pictures:

Oh, yeah, Dim lighting pics:

Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 12-30-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

beautiful saber. love the shroud work.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

Although I can tell which MHS parts you used, the shroud and overlay work, coupled with the activation box and other accents, totally renew the look of this saber. They're really not kidding when they say these modular kits can be made completely unique in appearance. I only hope I'm half this good some day.

By the way, how do you like the Bass speaker? I was considering getting one for my first hilt, when the time comes. The regular speaker seemed loud enough for close-quarters audiences, but I'm looking for something with a bigger punch. It seems like the new speaker would serve Sith sound fonts better.
    Last edited by Weaver; 12-30-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Nice! I like how you wrapped the emitter in brass. Why work against it when you can work with it. I'm guessing the top overlays are JB welded? Looks like thick gauge brass. Did you have to have the MHS turned down? The only other thing I'm left wondering is what stops the battery pack from rattling around?

Hehe...I still have a few Lux 3 Bin 1 Cyans. I snatched up a few extra before they ran out.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 12-30-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    Although I can tell which MHS parts you used, the shroud and overlay work, coupled with the activation box and other accents, totally renew the look of this saber. They're really not kidding when they say these modular kits can be made completely unique in appearance. I only hope I'm half this good some day.

By the way, how do you like the Bass speaker? I was considering getting one for my first hilt, when the time comes. The regular speaker seemed loud enough for close-quarters audiences, but I'm looking for something with a bigger punch. It seems like the new speaker would serve Sith sound fonts better.
    I like it...it's very loud in the right set up, and I actually had it hurt my ears during clashes and power up/down when I first tested it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Nice! I like how you wrapped the emitter in brass. Why work against it when you can work with it. I'm guessing the top overlays are JB welded? Looks like thick gauge brass. Did you have to have the MHS turned down? The only other thing I'm left wondering is what stops the battery pack from rattling around?

Hehe...I still have a few Lux 3 Bin 1 Cyans. I snatched up a few extra before they ran out.
    Nope, no JB Weld, just plain ol' Loctite two-part epoxy. I ran out of JB Weld a while ago, and keep forgetting to get more when I go to the store. The sleeve is standard 22ga. sink drain. Battery pack is held in place by tension created by the 24ga. wires on the QD. The way it's coiled up in the saber creates a natural spring effect that presses it back up against the speaker. No rattling, no need for anything special, it makes it simple to change it that way. If there's ever a problem with it in the future, I'll just fix it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Cool. Makes since. While your builds usually aren't quite my style I often find inspiration in your approach. Two of my previous builds and actually a concept/design I'm currently planning. I can't stress enough how much I like the brass accents near the emitter.

Looks great Jay-Gon, I've been following the build.
    Yub Yub Commander.

I just completed the run time eveluation, and got about an hour and twenty minutes out of the battery pack, while swinging it around, clashing it occasionally, leaving it sit by itself and scrolling through the menu. Not bad.

Have always enjoyed your work. Very nice!

I was following the build thread - you've turned out another beautiful saber!