Thread: Dark Jedi V2 aka Darth Kenobi V2

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Cool Dark Jedi V2 aka Darth Kenobi V2

Dark Jedi V2 aka Darth Kenobi V2

This is a project whose genesis occurred when I sold E57's so called "Darth Kenobi" (even though he didn't call it that, lol). Anyways, as often happens when I list sabers on my site, multiple people wanted them within minutes of each other. That always disturbs me and if I like the project, I will take on a redux. That was the case here, but with subtle changes so as to not directly copy E57. It started as an MR project and morphed into a whole-hog PC project by the end and I am glad it did. Although this may not look to "special" in the pictures, it has a great synergy and a purpose in existing. I took elements of Obi-wan's, Luke's ROTJ and Oxidium to create my vision of a classic "dark Jedi" hilt. This is the saber that a nameless Dark Jedi would carry. Not Exar Kun or Darth Bane, but a garden variety Dark Jedi.

Machining is subtle, but there is not an untouched MHS part on it. I did extensive work on the pommel, neck and emitter. I also bored out the gear section to accept the stacked 18650 and PC. The speaker is also placed as though it were in a MKVI or MKIII and resonance is very good. Finally, I topped it off with Sekrogue1985's new Sith font "Brawler". Enjoy.

Particulars:

Darth Kenobi "Homage" hilt
    PCv1.5 with Sek's "Brawler"
    P4 Red
    Crystal Pommel
    Oxidized Bronzium Weathering
    UV power indicator in box
    3.7V 2600 mAh Li-ion
    Free-spinning pommel insert
    TCSS 2W Speaker

The BMT:

The Glams:

Link to Album: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Dark%20Jedi%20Series/Darth%20Kenobi%20V2/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I love the Oxidized Bronze look. Is that a process you invented? It reminds me of a lot of Air Craft Parts that I used to deal with when I was in the Air Force..

love that oxidized bronze look. and of course the use of the font.
    ...YUP!

nice saber and of course your weathering is as always excellent!