Thread: My PVC saber (Sith saber Ilesha)

Default My PVC saber (Sith saber Ilesha)

Hey guys! This is another saber I finished this week end. It may seem that I am making a lot of sabers, and it is true. But I have more then one project going at a time. So I may finish two or one the same weekend. I do a lil on each from time to time. Some folks watch TV or the Game. I spend my free time making things.
    Anyway, this is my latest. I Still stick to the same script as fare as the way I make my sabers. I’m just trying out a few new ideas. My goal is to be GREAT with PVC sabers. I don’t know way, but they intrest me a lot! I love to see PVC saber posts! Well here she is, Sith saber Ilesha.
    Let me know what you think. 
    Specs:
    http://youtu.be/0YnFf58IrV4
    Shouldered 3/4" thin walled blade tip with reflective disc
    3/4" Thin walled Trans White Polycarbonate blade at 30" long
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder
    Luxeon Rebel Star (Red)
    Luxeon star heatsink
    Push on/push off switch with black button
    4AAA battery holder

Thanks guys!! Comments, advice?

I like the design, and LOVE the paint job on that. From here, I can't even tell it's PVC.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

That is an amazing looking saber.
    I'm about to start making my first saber with pvc and had a couple questions (that hopefuly I wont be flamed for).

How did you mount the Led in the saber?

And from what I've been reading on here the battery pack you used shouldn't have fit in the pvc so i was wondering how you got that size to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyshark150 View Post
    That is an amazing looking saber.
    I'm about to start making my first saber with pvc and had a couple questions (that hopefuly I wont be flamed for).

How did you mount the Led in the saber?

And from what I've been reading on here the battery pack you used shouldn't have fit in the pvc so i was wondering how you got that size to fit?
    I make a custom battery pack from a LED flashlight. The switch is at the bottom. The LED is held into place by the layering of PVC. Thank you so much BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    I make a custom battery pack from a LED flashlight. The switch is at the bottom. The LED is held into place by the layering of PVC. Thank you so much BTW.
    Ok thanks

That's a great looking PVC saber. Your work is awesome, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Hey guys! This is another saber I finished this week end. It may seem that I am making a lot of sabers, and it is true. But I have more then one project going at a time. So I may finish two or one the same weekend. I do a lil on each from time to time. Some folks watch TV or the Game. I spend my free time making things.
    Anyway, this is my latest. I Still stick to the same script as fare as the way I make my sabers. I’m just trying out a few new ideas. My goal is to be GREAT with PVC sabers. I don’t know way, but they intrest me a lot! I love to see PVC saber posts! Well here she is, Sith saber Ilesha.
    Let me know what you think. 
    Specs:
    http://youtu.be/0YnFf58IrV4
    Shouldered 3/4" thin walled blade tip with reflective disc
    3/4" Thin walled Trans White Polycarbonate blade at 30" long
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder
    Luxeon Rebel Star (Red)
    Luxeon star heatsink
    Push on/push off switch with black button
    4AAA battery holder

Thanks guys!! Comments, advice?
    That looks very nice though it could use some trim with other materials in a brighter color scheme for contrast (perhaps even at the edges of the shroud up front. Especially the shroud.... maybe some real chrome, or even chrome tape). I think you should have left the ring at the back unpainted too, but other than that I don't see anything that even hints that it's a PVP saber.

Thanks Kev! That saber is gone now! I try to make improvements with every saber! Your info WILL be used!! I am adding a lil copper to a personal saber I'm making now. But my thing is, make PVC look real, and not used any other parts, then other NONE metal parts! The fun is in making it look real for me. Thanks again!!