Thread: MR Maul vs Hasbro Maul: Different metal coloration?

Default MR Maul vs Hasbro Maul: Different metal coloration?

Hello people

Have got myself a couple of empty Darth Maul hilts. The thing is: One of them is a Hasbro 2007, and the other one is a Master Replicas 2006. Both of them look identical, save for one little detail: The metal in the MR one is a little darker, just enough to be noticeable when put side-by side with the Hasbro. Even the red "knobs" are a different tone, with the MR ones being a little more on the side of orange. Also, I canīt seem to unscrew the emitter of the MR one. Can anyone with both versions check if the differences I have noticed are "standard"? Thanks in advance

To my knowledge, yes they have slightly different colorations.

Here is an example:

The emitter on the top is slightly more silver-ish in color and the empty hilt body on the bottom has an overall slightly darker color to it. You can almost tell better by the color of the reflected ceiling lights.

Anyway, I believe both are able to be converted the same. It's too bad that you have two that are slightly different since if you combine them to make a full staff, it'll look a tad... off...

Also, to my knowledge, you aren't supposed to be able to "unscrew" the emitter. It's held in place by a retaining pin. Once you remove the pin, then you *might* be able to pry the emitter off, but in reality, if you're converting it, all you need to do is slide the conversion blade holder into place (might need to remove or trim one of the rubber O-rings inside).

-C
    Last edited by cannibal869; 01-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    LOCKHEED

Thanks a lot for the info cannibal! That emitter was driving me mad. Iīve tried everything from strap wrenches to wd-40, even freezing it, but it wouldnīt budge, just to realize that it shouldnīt ... Well, at least I didnīt break it trying

I ended up ordering another Maul earlier this week (a Master Replicas), and see if I can make an even-coloured staff out of the three hilts... All I need is a coupler.

Thanks again!