Thread: Novastar's sound fonts?

Default Novastar's sound fonts?

I've seen some great sound fonts for sale by Novastar, and I would love a few of them for the one saber with sound I've got, and one more I plan to get. Thing is, my saber has one of the new Obsidian boards in it.
    Can the sound fonts be converted to a format that my obsidian board will recognize, and if so, how?

Wrong forum. This is a question for the makers of your soundboard.

Well sorry, I thought people were experimenting with quite a few different soundboards here. And I figured somebody here would know more about the Novastar sound fonts collections than I do. I don't know what format they are, or how hard it is to convert them to formats that other boards can read. All I do know for a fact is that two of the soundfonts Novastar offers are perfect for characters I'm cosplaying, and the saber I have came with a specific type of soundboard, and I would rather not have to gut the thing and completely rewire it with something different, just to use some sound files.

I use obsidian boards myself, but this is the wrong forum to discuss its operation. You'd want to try running a search on US forums... You can get to it from the main page, they have discussed the process in great detail there.... Hope that helps you out...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Regardless of the board used, I would hope that you are looking to BUY Novastar's fonts.

When you go searching for ways to convert his fonts for that board, you'll probably find that there a whole community of people that don't mind stealing them from him. Even renaming the fonts is still stealing......

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Of course I was looking to buy them He's got one compilation CD with alternate sound fonts that would be perfect for two non- SW characters I'm cosplaying. One wields a blade formed of psionic fire, the other wields a blade formed of a combination of electricity and psionic energy. One CD alone contains a cool phoenix font, as well as a wicked electric one. If I can make it work with the saber I've got, I'm definitely gonna buy it

At the moment, the best way to simulate almost any straight energy blade out there is what we do- LED and polycarb blade. I'm looking into using an LED board to create a "heartbeat" pulse effect too, the next time I scratch build a saber, but that's a whole other story

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ok cool. If you want the heartbeat effect, the Crystal Focus will provide that for you

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Cool, thanks! And I did find out that I can also use Novastar's fonts on the saber I've got currently, with some tweaking that shouldn't be too awfully hard. And if I can get my paws on a crystal focus board for the next time I do a scratch build, I'll definitely look up how to create the "heartbeat" effect as well.