Thread: PVC saber made to look like wood. WOODY?

Default PVC saber made to look like wood. WOODY?

This is my PVC saber I fashioned to look like wood.
    I read on Wookieepedia a Jedi Master named Zao used a lightsaber with a hilt that was also a long wooden cane. So I thought why not just a cool looking wood saber! Who knows how wood works in the SW Universe, right? So I decided to have fun. I think this is one of my Sithyest? sabers yet.
    As always I have my Specs below along with a YouTube vid and some sucky pics.
    I put up the youtube vid so you can see the accent LEDs do there thing as well.

Thanks for checking me out!!

Rip
    http://youtu.be/I6Tn8D33q8Q

Shouldered 3/4" thin walled blade tip with reflective disc
    3/4" Thin walled Trans White Polycarbonate blade at 30" long
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder
    Luxeon Rebel Star (Red)
    Luxeon star heatsink
    Push on/push off switch with black button or SPST Latching Guarded switch with silver button
    4AAA battery holder
    2.2ohm 5w resistor
    ¼”, 1” and 1 ¼” PVC Pipe

Please comment. 

Looks good. I've only seen two other sabers done to look like wood. It's an underused style and it's nice to see.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Very nice! The world needs more wood sabers, I love the organic look. Interesting to see a 'natural' style Sith hilt too. The few wood hilts I've seen have all been Jedi designs. Have to say I like how the paint turned out here, the wood looks in the pics like it has a sort of grain to it, and a gloss like it's polished. Not to mention the black really off sets it nicely.

Thanks. In person you can kind of see that it's paint. But I did scratch up the PVC in spots so it will have a wood look to it when it's done. It feel solid in your hands.

Sweet! Best yet IMO. Very Sithy.

very cool ripper, would love to see another wood saber in aluminum (and wood)!

Quote Originally Posted by Natesroom View Post
    very cool ripper, would love to see another wood saber in aluminum (and wood)!
    AAWWHHH!!!! YYEeesssss!

very nice, i like the wood look too. im actually making one with bamboo because of the natural look of it.

Very cool! Really dig the design, and wood effects...