Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How many different sounds boards ?

Hey Naashar, I learned a LONG time ago that if I can't take a punch then I better not get in the dang ring. [][][B)][]

<center></center>

Edit - Are you sure that the sound you are hearing is even coming from the sabers and not dubbed in with the music? I agree that they sound alot alike but the other thing is that the FX's don't really throw their sound that far so I would think you would hear more of the blades smacking and the actors jumping then the sounds.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i bet they had mikes on the sabers cause your right james, you would hear more of the blades than the sounds.

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

That is a possibility but I would think it would be hard to mic while they were spinning the sabers. And if they were using Lighttechs stuff then it is not a MR sound at all which opens up a whole other issue.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

why couldn't they of taped a wireless mini mike to the speaker james? and of course they use MR stuff cause it is MR's demo for their products

<center>

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Lord Maul

why couldn't they of taped a wireless mini mike to the speaker...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I tryed that for the Talent Show...

Very horrible results.

With very expensive equipment.

You ether overmodulate the Mic, or you can't hear it.

And it amplified the clashing of the blades. Not good.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

So I guess you think every commercial you see is factual and represents the product the way your going to get it too huh?

See Firebirds post on wireless mics and Mi Gon can further explain if needed cause at this point we are just working towards another

<center></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

k so james, how did they make the sounds so loud? they are fxs cause you can see the blades power up/down and they aren't using hyperdyne

<center>

</center>

Well, back in the day, they used to have a guy called a "Foley Artist", and he was responsible for adding sounds to a film after it was initially done. These guys were/are pretty good at their jobs, and the old Kung-Fu flicks were notorious because of their foley work, what with the delayed kicks and punches and horrible voice dubbing.

Hope this helps. Cause I'm a "helper bee".

You don't need to see any identification.

And that is why Master Naashar has the respect. Thanks For posting that for us. I think that is what we are hearing as well.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

well, how did the audience hear it? you can add in sound for a movie but not in real life and that duel DID happen at archlight according to force fx.com

<center>

</center>