Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How many different sounds boards ?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

James, i have the maul, vader, anakin, and luke rotj. the vader and maul sound the same as do the luke and anakin

BTW firebird, nice smilies [][]

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

OK four sabers, that is fair. Let's see I have or have had everything but the Maul and I could take the time to put the Luke and the Anakin on a scope and test it that way but I am comfortable with my ear to say that the Luke has a different sound then the Anakin, if it is close to anything it would be like a Mace but even that is different. We can sit here and piss on each other all night but it isn't going to do any good. Bottom line is that if you can not post FACTUAL information then DON'T POST! Someone could look at the fact that you have a ton of posts and be mistaken to think that you know what the heck you are talking about. I wasn't even going to ride you on the Corbin board but you come up in here for two months and now you think you know as much or more then anyone else on the freakin' board and that's pretty arrogant considering that some of these folks have been building electronic sabers longer then you have been alive.

<center></center>

Wow...[:0]

You got Snitz Slapped!

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

calm down james, no need to get fiesty []

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">you think you know as much or more then anyone else on the freakin' board and that's pretty arrogant <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

when did i say i know more than you or strydur or lan or do clo ect.ect.?

<center>

</center>

I don't mean to be a thorn here, but, MR has only 2 sound chips that I know of, a Jedi one and a Sith one. The Maul and Vader are the same and the Obi, Anakin, Mace, and Luke are the same. If they sound different, it's only due to different resonance chambers in the sabers they are placed in and different speakers, but the sound chips themselves are the same.

You could do a ROM dump on all of them to show proof of this. I just know that I've used enough of these boards in my own sabers to know what I'm talking about.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Council Member
    Sith Lord

YES! finally someone reputable agrees with me []

<center>

</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by UltraSWG

I don't mean to be a thorn here, but, MR has only 2 sound chips that I know of, a Jedi one and a Sith one. The Maul and Vader are the same and the Obi, Anakin, Mace, and Luke are the same. If they sound different, it's only due to different resonance chambers in the sabers they are placed in and different speakers, but the sound chips themselves are the same.

You could do a ROM dump on all of them to show proof of this. I just know that I've used enough of these boards in my own sabers to know what I'm talking about.

Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The current generation yeah... how about the older ones? I haven't physically seen any of those.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by UltraSWG

Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

It would seem that I stand corrected on this issue. My ear has been what I have used to determine sounds and I reckon the next time I have a FX open I will look at the chip. Thank you Ultra for clearing this issue up.
    It would seem to me Maul that you may have a moment to gloat but please don't forget what the point of this fuss was all about. Let's keep accurate information on here so others can build better sabers then before, this is after all a saber building forum first and foremost.

<center></center>

I would have to agree w/all. I don't necessarily know of "ROM" dumps or any other thing that I should've paid attention to in High School (many, many moons ago), but that "resonance" chamber dealie sounds right, or at least would explain the higher pitch of the Anakin in the stock MR vs. the deeper pitch of the Luke in my MHS.

I have a pretty good "ear" as well, James; kudos on your concession. It takes a big man to admit when he can benefit from the knowledge of others....but it takes an even bigger man, to laugh at that man.[]

J/K, james3; I luv ya like a play-cousin!!

You don't need to see any identification.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The current generation yeah... how about the older ones? I haven't physically seen any of those.

the luke esb and vader anh have the sith sounds. if you watch the MR demo on their site they both have the same clash sounds

<center>

</center>